Gateway NV53A
AMD Phenom II x 3 N830 Triple Core @ 2.1GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM
Hitachi Travelstar 500GB HDD @ 7200RPM
ATI Mobilty Radeon HD 4250
15.6" 16:9 HD LED LCD
Realtek ALC272 Audio

For you...

̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶S̶u̶n̶s̶h̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶p̶o̶t̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶M̶i̶n̶d̶ Encroaching Darkness of the Toxic Brain

penguinpicknik.png

I heard it hurt their feelings about how their poor penguin was being treated when they saw my games/cowsay assisted ASCII art posted here. I was a poet but they didn't know it.

A version with and without text now appears in Free as in Free FreeBSD Wallpapers to suit your taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wonder, why do you guys prefer it being all dark etc? To my taste, there's enough darkness in the world already, in the news etc. But since it's not MY choice that things are that way, I refuse to believe it to be normal state of affairs :)

Just wonder, why do you guys prefer it being all dark etc? To my taste, there's enough darkness in the world already, in the news etc. But since it's not MY choice that things are that way, I refuse to believe it to be normal state of affairs :)
BTW, black screen does not save energy because the backlight LED-s are glowing anyway...

Screenshot from 2021-02-19 09-23-40.png

This is my desktop today!

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-02-19 09-23-40.png
    Screenshot from 2021-02-19 09-23-40.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 204
Your world and mine are quite different.

I prefer a dark bg as it's easier on my eyes and to read a terminal from if you use white text and transparency. It doesn't have to be solid black and 2 of the 4 I posted used fullscreen images.

Harley Quinn is playing peek-a-boo with me and Sheri Moon Zombie is waving at you from The Lords of Salem.

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
I prefer a dark bg as it's easier on my eyes and to read a terminal from if you use white text and transparency. It doesn't have to be solid black and 2 of the 4 I posted used fullscreen images.
Very true. Well I used to have some plain kind of background for that same reason.
But now, as my desktop tends to be the place my eyes are fixed at 8hrs a day, and that being the best part of my active state, I feel the need to include the beauty of the world around into the picture :).
In the best case, of course, I would change my occupation, but under the circumstances it doesn't seem yet possible.

It's a full moon and my favorite time to post a screenshot. Something for those with inquiring minds that can't help but keep asking if Desktop has a future with FreeBSD to ponder. For the headache it must bring.

swap.png

I prefer a dark bg as it's easier on my eyes and to read a terminal from if you use white text and transparency.
Semi OT:
Personally I don't like that deep blue component of the white spectrum, it strains my eyes a lot; the wavelengths <=440nm are the worst.
But I like the lush green monochrome CRT color from the past, and so I have this on my work monitor, and it looks much nicer to me. Great contrast-enhancing effect, due to less blue shatter!
And on the monitor for watching videos I have a blue cutoff filter.
This makes incredible difference in eyestrain...

My actual setup on a T420s with openbox and polybar.
That IBM wallpaper on a Thinkpad pimps it out for me. ⭐

I think the IBM one I post is really the nicest looking of my desktops. Harley Quinn sitting on her hammer looking like a lunatic is one I worked on and like best. I still have an IBM T43 to convert over to FreeBSD and have the right bg for it.

I've got several IBM/Thinkpad wallpapers but my site isn't coming back so I might as well upload a few for those in want. And as far as preference in dark or light bg, may your eyes never strain or from tears fall like rain. Go in peace:

roverpad.pngroverpad2.png

I've got several IBM/Thinkpad wallpapers but my site isn't coming back so I might as well upload a few for those in want. And as far as preference in dark or light bg, may your eyes never strain or from tears fall like rain.
I downloaded 4 of them (3 black and a blue one) before your site was down. Big thanks Trihexagonal! I have an old T40 lying around here which is crying out for NetBSD and one of your IBM wallpapers.

I have more Thinkpad tagged images that were never posted for download. Lots of FreeBSD images, some of which I spun up myself. CIA Info OPS, GSA, NSA, FBI, the FBI Anti-Piracy Warning siren call more than an Old Salt could resist. Any of my wallpapers I think might appeal to our Daemon Horde are free as BSD soon as I sort through and find a place to make them available.

Reactions: bjs
Back