Free as in Free FreeBSD Wallpapers

Trihexagonal

Daemon

I've collected several FreeBSD wallpapers over the years and with Gimp manipulating the images made a few myself. Some are not FreeBSD related or feature Beastie, but the black box of delight to Daemons in our service. These only reflective of my acts as a Daemon independent. Any Glory they bring be to Beastie and the Daemon Hoard.

UNIX_is_hot02.png

hot_enuf.jpg

freebsd_tan.jpeg

green.jpg

devils.jpg

phell

more wallpapers

Attachments

• 2065134.png
    2065134.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 43
  • by betobsd in bsd wallpaper leave a comment bsd wallpaper.jpg
    by betobsd in bsd wallpaper leave a comment bsd wallpaper.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 37
  • gkZxUvE-freebsd-wallpaper.jpg
    gkZxUvE-freebsd-wallpaper.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 42
  • HtX8NiW-bsd-wallpaper.jpg
    HtX8NiW-bsd-wallpaper.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 56
  • OJdZnUY-freebsd-wallpaper.jpg
    OJdZnUY-freebsd-wallpaper.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 42

Snurg

Daemon

Trihexagonal: Can we share your wallpapers else where? If so how should I credit you on the post (outside of the this Forums).
Isn't there a wallpapers section on the FreeBSD site?
Maybe this would be the best place?

I'd like sort of survey/voting for the best ones, and after the copyright/distribution question turns out the images can be shared freely, they should be placed there :)
Or, could we make a sticky thread editable only for mods and make Trihexagonal our wallpaper mod, so he can place the winner wallpapers there?

OP
Trihexagonal

Trihexagonal

Daemon

I used to host them on my site but don't have anywhere else to post them now. I don't want the burden of Moderator of Free as in Freedom placed on my list of tainted Titles taken or credit given me for something done for the Glory of Beastie and the Hoard.

I say "post 'em if you got 'em, steal and/or rework them if you don't" and post them here like a true Daemon would, In My Personal Pirate Opinion. Not every one has to like my poetic penguin phunnies.

yum01.png

penguinpicknik.png
taketheredpill.png

FreeBSDigital.jpg
thedarkpower.jpg

Mjölnir

Daemon

Trihexagonal & wolffnx, can we have a hot spicy wallpaper with Ada Lovelace or any of the others as "Oh, what a BSD!"? That'd be great!
EDIT Variation:
@top: "My favourite BSD"
[image of A.Lovelace or other smart woman with devil's horns & holding the fork]
@below (small font): her name + ", computer science wizzard"
and "FreeBSD - the power to serve"

OP
Trihexagonal

Trihexagonal

Daemon

That's who I think it is, tingo. She's beautiful.

I've had that image and the others on file for years. There were many strong women at our Cove and we used to pass our time posting shots of strong women in one thread. I found that picture myself.

I have an animated .gif of Jade with water rippling on the ground and have had that file since my Windows days. I have several nice ones with water but the animation never starts when I preview them for posting here.

OP
Trihexagonal

Trihexagonal

Daemon

On that 1st picture, please change "Got root access?" & add FreeBSD's slogan "the power to serve" 😘
I will make at least one for Mary Lou Jepsen, Computer Scientist, because she is a geek girl after my heart. 👩‍❤️‍👨

Mary Lou Jepsen, will you do me the honor of being my wife and marry me?
I don't care if you work for Google.

Respectfully, Mjölnir, I wouldn't change anything about that image for the World. I've had that saved for years and that's what it's been waiting for. It's one of my best efforts for being a simple picture with text in my font, IMHO.

However, I'll teach you how to do it and supply you with everything you need including the raw image so you can do with it what you like.

Visit the FreeBSD Foundation Asset Page and download the Open Sans font. Take note of the color palette for use of Official colors, that grey bg is #cccccc.

Extract the fonts into to an Open Sans folder. Yes, a space is there. Then open your file manager as root, or however you transfer files as root on your machine, and copy the folder to the /usr/local/share/gimp/fonts Directory. Then run # rehash.

Open graphics/gimp and the font you just installed with be available for use without any editing of other files. Download and open her image:

Amelia.png

Click to open the Text Tool. Click to choose the font from a list and there will be Open Sans Semi-Bold Italic.

Choose the font size you'll use. if it's not right click the Edit button at top and choose Undo Add Text Layer till it's gone. Then choose a more appropriate font size. When you're satisfied write your text.

Then choose the Move Tool in the upper left corner of the Toolbox. Grab the text and you will see the cursor change from the background when you've got hold of it. Then position it where you like. You can always Undo it.

Then choose the Text Tool again and increase the font size by 50% from your speech text and do the same with it to move it. When you're done save that image as you name it. Now open that image up and that's what we'll work with from here.

If you want an old photo bg like I placed mine on, click File, New to create a new image. Select the size you need in relation to the photo you're going to paste into it so it's large enough to contain it.

You now have a plain white image in the size you specified. Click on the foreground color icon to change the black square to color code cccccc, exit, select the Bucket Fill Tool, click the image with the left mouse button and you now have a gray image.

At the top of the Main Gimp frame click Filters, Decor, Old Photo. Just go with the default settings and now you have a old photo bg with a white edge.

Now switch back to your saved image. Right-click, choose Edit, Copy.

Now switch to your old photo bg image. Right-click and chose Paste. It will paste your saved image exactly centered so do not move it. Export that image as Mjolnir_Mamma01.png to whatever folder you keep your images in as your end product.

Now open it and see if you like what you ended up with as a finished image. if not, all those other images are still open and you are still able to Undo what you've done to that particular image and correct as you see fit.

Then post it here for all to enjoy for Free as in Free FreeBSD Wallpapers.

Here's one of Ada Lovelace since she's your type. :) Need more fonts?

ada-lovelace.jpg

Mjölnir

Daemon

I meant that picture with the little BSDie under that hot woman's something... (call it Gates to hell ;) if you like)

OP
Trihexagonal

Trihexagonal

Daemon

I meant that picture with the little BSDie under that hot woman's something... (call it Gates to hell ;) if you like)
You've got all the makings of a Graphic Artist and know how to do it yourself now. You can even do that Graphic Breast Reduction Surgery on Develine you've been wanting me to do, if she doesn't get you with that pitchfork first.

No hand holding with anyone but Mary Lou. :)