FreeBSD Screen Shots

screenshot.png
x11-wm/openbox, x11/tint with audio/volumeicon, x11/yad tray applets and x11/wbar with a custom bar. Simple wallpaper delivered by graphics/feh. Shamelessly based on Thread 35308.

Nice and clean!
What is it? Can you post your config?

Thanks.
It's a heavily customized version of the Awesome Window Manager(x11-wm/awesome). The configuration isn't really finished yet and I'll do some work on it here and there going forward as I find the time until I feel satisfied. It's quite tailored to my machine setup so unless your familiar with Lua programming and don't mind hacking on it, the configuration won't work for you as is. Not that I mind posting the configuration anyway when it's finished if your interested. It's really just the excuse I'm using to learn how to code as I don't have a programming background. Need to start somewhere and once I'm comfortable I'll move on to C. :)

IIRC, x11-wm/awesome was originally forked from x11-wm/dwm so much of the core C code is probably similar/the same though I don't know that for a fact as I haven't really used DWM so am not familiar with it.

That stopped being true a loooong time ago. Like, years ago. Awesome basically started when someone looked at dwm and said "Yeah, that's cool, but you know what would make it cooler? If we made it. like, the opposite of what it is now." Then they forked the code and proceeded to do all the things the dwm developers deliberately avoided and add all the features the dwm designers deliberately left out. :p

Lots of people do give dwm a try as a way to improve their C skills, though, since the code is tiny and simple, and hacking the source code is part of the configuration.

Back