Enlightenment Failing to start Enlightenment

Afternoon all,

I’ve recently installed FreeBSD-CURRENT (r287930) onto my ThinkPad T440, I’ve used CURRENT as it supports my Intel ac 7260 wireless card.

I have installed SLiM as my login manager, and that seems to be working OK. After playing with GNOME3 and Xfce I wanted to try out Enlightenment (a couple of friends recommended it), however I seem to have come across a stumbling block.

I installed using pkg install enlightenment terminology which installed Enlightenment 0.19.7, and created ~/.xinitrc to read:
Code:
/usr/local/bin/enlightenment_start

After boot, SLiM is presented to me and I insert my login details. The first time I did this Enlightenment asked me for language/keyboard layout/etc, then appeared to freeze. After a reboot I attempted another login and I get a splash screen that gets stuck on “Loading Module: tasks”.
Dropping back to the console (Ctrl+Alt+F1) I log in there and attempt to manually launch using startx. The same thing happens, but this time when I drop back to the console (Ctrl+Alt+F1) I see an error:
Code:
MODULE ERR:
There was an error loading the module named: connman<br>No module named connman/freebsd11.0-amd64-ver-serious-0.19/module.so could be found in the<br>module search directories.<br>
States not (yet) implemented on FreeBSD

I have now disabled SLiM (toggled it to “off” in /etc/ttys) and logged into the console as myself, then once again executed startx, this time it freezes on “Loading Module: lokker”, but dropping back to the console doesn’t seem to give me any errors this time.

I am now at a bit of a loss as to where to start troubleshooting. I am relatively new to FreeBSD, and it’s been a few years since I’ve played around with X/WMs on Linux.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Ben

I am able to get enlightenment-0.19.12,2 to function when I install using the UFS filesystem. It does not seem to work with ZFS. I get the same loading tasks screen when I try. I know there is a 0.20 release which is supposed to fix FreeBSD issues. It is not in ports yet.

I stand corrected. It turns out that it works perfect for me in VirtualBox. It works on my native system once if I copy the user profile folders from the VirtualBox instance to my native hardware. Upon second launch it goes back to loading tasks on native hardware.

Back