MATE Compton transparency issue.

So I installed mate DE and compton, but whenever I bring up a terminal I get this weird transparent after on all of my open windows. example in the file I attached.

Attachments

• 2021-03-11-193840_1280x800_scrot.png
    2021-03-11-193840_1280x800_scrot.png
    335.7 KB · Views: 193
If it's not apparent in the screenshot, Firefox becomes transparent once I bring up the terminal.

Please don't use generic titles like "I need help" or "why does this happen?". Many people only scan thread titles and such a generic title gives no insights what the question or issue might be. So a lot of people are just going to skip your thread.

I've set a more appropriate title.

I didn't know that x11-wm/picom was a thing. Is that now the recommended thing for MATE instead of Compton? Is there also graphical interface to configure it? I'm having some trouble with Marco and wondering if a switch to another window manager would be better.

Please don't use generic titles like "I need help" or "why does this happen?". Many people only scan thread titles and such a generic title gives no insights what the question or issue might be. So a lot of people are just going to skip your thread.

I've set a more appropriate title.
yeah sorry my bad.

Compton is widely configurable, you should create your own ~/.config/compton.conf and set whatever behaviour you want.

I agree with you that default settings include too much transparency. You can copy/paste them from https://github.com/chjj/compton/blob/master/compton.sample.conf and change the parameters you don't like. You can also use x11/compton-conf if you want a graphical interface.
thanks, just dont know what to change to make this weird transparent thing not happen.

just wanna say i figured it out by editing the compton.conf file to have full opacity. thanks yall.

Back