What is you preferred internet-browser?

I use Firefox on the BSDs, Linux, and Windows. Safari on my iPhone.
Well, iPhones don't really have a choice. Even if you aren't using the official Safari, you are still using its engine. Apple does not allow any other browser engine other than WKWebKit.

I haven't followed this thread closely, and just saw fernandel's post mention bsduck's post. I'm glad librewolf is there, now I have to make a new dwm config.h file, but it's worth it. I really have liked it on various Linux installs.

Well, iPhones don't really have a choice. Even if you aren't using the official Safari, you are still using its engine. Apple does not allow any other browser engine other than WKWebKit.
You can install Chrome on iOS from the App store (I have not). Chrome originally shipped with webkit, but forked it and now uses the Blink engine. I'm sticking with Safari.

You can install Chrome on iOS from the App store (I have not). Chrome originally shipped with webkit, but forked it and now uses the Blink engine. I'm sticking with Safari.
You can install Chrome yes, but I highly doubt it's using its own Blink engine cause that's against Apple's App Store guidelines and I'd be surprised if an app submission that doesn't use WKWebKit framework passes Apple's strict submissions review process.

Source: I'm an iOS developer.

EDIT: I found a second source and it's very recent. I've bolded the part that's relevant to this discussion in the excerpt below.

For now, the Chromium team is quite clear that this is not intended to be part of a “shippable product” — after all, any browser not using WebKit would be in violation of App Store policies. To that end, the current plan is only to port the scaled back “content_shell” application, rather than anything resembling the full Chrome browser experience.

So no. They are exploring the avenue, but are very clear that it's experimental and NOT a shippable product.

There was a time Microsoft said "Internet explorer" is an essential part of the operating system.
Laws to open it had a positive effect on technical development.

They bash Apple both for not allowing other app stores or sideloading and they don't like the webkit-only rule on IOS either. If Apple doesn't voluntarily change there is a good chance laws will be coming. In South Korea, too.
I definitely welcome EU pressure on Apple. And I'm saying this as an iOS developer whose livelihood depends on being an Apple's pawn. 🙃😛

My top browser is Firefox. I also really like Midori for how it can scale down so small which is good for testing flip phone layouts and testing resizing elements with JavaScript. I also really like lynx. I've used lynx longer than the others. I really like how Firefox renders css though it's perfect.

Of course, coming from the Win/Lin side of the spectrum I have my preferences and they're listed below in order of most liked to least liked.
  1. Chromium-based browsers excluding MS Edge
  2. Mozilla-based browsers including SeaMonkey
  3. Konquer
  4. WebKit-based browsers of all generations

Back