Solved Trying to port Universal Android Debloater

Hello. There is a tool called "Universal Android Debloater" and it is meant for debloating Android phones. I'm trying to port it but I am getting some errors. The program is written in Rust completely, so i thought it would be easy to port it but i guess there are some libraries/features being used in the app which isn't compatible with FreeBSD.

Here is the build log if you would like to check it.

That looks like a question more suited for a Rust audience.

Code:
error[E0554]: `#![feature]` may not be used on the stable release channel
 --> src/main.rs:2:12
  |
2 | #![feature(drain_filter)]
  |            ^^^^^^^^^^^^

error[E0635]: unknown feature `drain_filter`
 --> src/main.rs:2:12
  |
2 | #![feature(drain_filter)]
  |            ^^^^^^^^^^^^

error[E0599]: no method named `drain_filter` found for struct `Vec<usize>` in the current scope
   --> src/gui/views/list.rs:160:34

It seems to say pretty clearly that you are not supposed to use the "stable release channel".

Did you try running rolling release for this?

I don't know beta version of rust but nightly. How can i make poudriere to use nightly version of rust?

Issue #994 might be of interest.
Oh it been good for me to notice that. I'll look into it. Thanks. I've also found a way to use rust-nightly but it gave errors too.

Code:
# cat /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=rust=rust-nightly

I was wasting my time with the abandoned project, very thanks for making me notice. The maintained fork of the project seems to compile with stable rust.

The first thing I look at (after the README of course) for a github / gitlab project is the list of open issues. If there are none, that is also a clue.

I had been ported the maintained fork but fonts on GUI were missing then I've solved it with the help of jsm. I've submitted the port request to the FreeBSD. Only thing that you should know is adb from devel/android-tools must have been ran as root before running the program.

Code:
# adb start-server
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully

It also causes my GPU to reset and my system to froze sometimes. I'd like to know if you could try and see if that's happening to you too.

PR 279336

Back