RE: Announcement Significant forum upgrade

Haven't tried it but I think use of overflow & max-height should allow the code box to reach a reasonable size before adding vertical scrollbars, so code doesn't take up huge chunks of the page, and stop it from leaking out the side of the layout.

It shows if you hover over it, but that's difficult or unavailable to do with a touchscreen

Ah, it is still there then, just about. I find it quite useful to see the post count at least so I can quickly see whether a post is from a new user or regular.

Should code boxes have overflow:auto to give scrollbars? Does look wrong with the text coming out of the box
Also lost my posts/thanks count under the avatar :(
I think it's not bad that way, as it removes redundant "information", providing clean presentation. Hovering/clicking shows the info anyway.
And regarding overflow, I agree, too. It's probably horrible on mobile stuff.

Another thing... here with firefox the commands feel subjectively oversized in regard to normal text. But this might just be me...

Edit: ondra_knezour I also like the underline

I just got e-mail about new post in watched thread and minor note to that - as it is HTML already, there may be some formating for custom tags and not those tags in square brackets. It just looks ugly with all those CMD and FILE in text.

danger@ You are doing great work... kudos!
overflow now is also fixed.
Links are much easier to spot.
Another thought, however... does the forum software offer the possibility to underline only links that are not menu (like top navigation bar, users, report/edit/delete/quote/reply) ?
Such would make easy to spot links that are actually pointing to content

Another thought, however... does the forum software offer the possibility to underline only links that are not menu (like top navigation bar, users, report/edit/delete/quote/reply) ?
Such would make easy to spot links that are actually pointing to content

Code:
div.message-content a { text-decoration: underline}
should do

A thread print view option (without requiring to login) would be handy (though didn't find it @ XenForo), for ex. to save a thread in a PDF (currently using converters/wkhtmltopdf/) for future reference.

EDIT: correction, there's an add-on for that.

It's an improvement, but this is not IMO:

spaced-out.png

That's a lot of wasted space to the right, it goes all the way down to the bottom of the page and effects the ability of the menu to display the full thread title and author properly.

If you could manage somehow to position the data on the right side of the index page at the top of the page instead of the side, it would free up all that side space and you wouldn't lose anything but a little vertical space when landing on the board initially, and need to scroll down a little to see what is now at the top.

Also, it seems, it is impossible now to disable this "rich" text editor, with buttons, etc.
It was possible to disable it via preferences before upgrade, is it possible to enable this setting again?
Or this option was removed from Xenforo completely?

A thread print view option (without requiring to login) would be handy (though didn't find it @ XenForo), for ex. to save a thread in a PDF (currently using converters/wkhtmltopdf/) for future reference.

EDIT: correction, there's an add-on for that.
that addon isn't compatible with XF2.

Missing posts/thanks count like usdmatt does, but I can see links! So improvement for me. (But still missing link text-decoration:underline, it is much more accessible for me)
fixed.

Also, it seems, it is impossible now to disable this "rich" text editor, with buttons, etc.
It was possible to disable it via preferences before upgrade, is it possible to enable this setting again?
Or this option was removed from Xenforo completely?

Check the last button in the rich text editor. It should remember your choice.
1502758707551-png.155839

As for the buttons: it currently isn't possible to group them or set their position. Maybe someone might be able to write a javascript to reorder them until they add this feature to XF. As for the icons, those were selected by myself. I know some of them are not a perfect fit, but I couldnt find better. If you want, you can check the font awesome icons if there is a better match for some button, it's possible to change it easily. Or if someone creates an image for us to use, I will be happy to use it too.

I think all of the issues reported have been fixed. Let me know if I missed something :)

unfortunately I don't know what you are reffering to :(

Apologies for not being clearer. I meant that there used to be some text at the bottom of the page after clicking 'New posts' that would tell you how many posts were still unread. I normally look at this when I log in to see how busy the forums have been since my last visit and it was the first thing that I noticed was missing. Thanks for taking the time to fix these issues so rapidly.

I'm on the fence, but its early days. However its looks like to me that I can no longer mark as read the forum I am in. When I click on mark forums read, it does em all, not just the one I am in.

EDIT - well I found the seperate (off to the right) 'button' to mark all threads read in the selected category.

Other forums online allow you to click the category icon (in our case the beastie icon) to mark that category read; I still wish we had that feature here.

And all these letters; T, S, D, V, for users who have not upload an avatar; man I find that annoying. Really do not like that at all, not just this forum, but any forum, phone app, etc, that uses it.

Give me a few days to let it grow on me.

Apologies for not being clearer. I meant that there used to be some text at the bottom of the page after clicking 'New posts' that would tell you how many posts were still unread. I normally look at this when I log in to see how busy the forums have been since my last visit and it was the first thing that I noticed was missing. Thanks for taking the time to fix these issues so rapidly.

It seems like this one will require me to install an add-on. I will look at it later today when I get home.

I'm on the fence, but its early days. However its looks like to me that I can no longer mark as read the forum I am in. When I click on mark forums read, it does em all, not just the one I am in. Other forums online allow you to click the category icon (in our case the beastie icon) to mark that category read; I still wish we had that feature here.

I will look at this.
And all these letters; T, S, D, V, for users who have not upload an avatar; man I find that annoying. Really do not like that at all, not just this forum, but any forum, phone app, etc, that uses it.
I think I saw a complaint for this one previously, so have disabled it for now.

I will look at this.

I think I saw a complaint for this one previously, so have disabled it for now.

See my EDIT; found the mark as read off to the side. And thanks for disabling the use of those letters, and appreicate you giving my voice some weight, but I do respect the opinions of the masses if others chime in that they like it. :)

See my EDIT; found the mark as read off to the side. And thanks for disabling the use of those letters, and appreicate you giving my voice some weight, but I do respect the opinions of the masses if others chime in that they like it. :)
yeah I was just going to reply it is located under the Post thread button :)

Back