Networking card (10g ethernet and wi-fi 6e) compatibility

I'm trying to find out if these 2 networking cards are compatible with FreeBSD. Specifically, I need bhyve to "passthru" them into a guest VM (either FreeBSD or OpenBSD).

10G Ethernet card
Wi-fi 6E card

I went through the hardware list and found something "TP-Link" but it does not state the specific product. So, does this mean there is no hope? Or otherwise, it is still possible to configure them if the correct driver is used?

As far as I know the only Wifi 6 cards currently being supported is with iwlwifi(4).

Code:
     While iwlwifi supports all 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax the compatibility code
     currently only supports 802.11 a/b/g modes.  Support for 802.11 n/ac is
     to come. 802.11ax and 6Ghz support are planned.

Code:
# man -k 10G
bxe, if_bxe(4) - QLogic NetXtreme II Ethernet 10Gb PCIe adapter driver
cxgbe, cc, cxl, if_cc, if_cxgbe, if_cxl, if_vcc, if_vcxgbe, if_vcxl, vcc, vcxgbe, vcxl(4) - Chelsio T4-, T5-, and T6-based 100Gb, 40Gb, 25Gb, 10Gb, and 1Gb Ethernet adapter driver
cxgbev, ccv, cxlv, if_ccv, if_cxgbev, if_cxlv(4) - Chelsio T4-, T5-, and T6-based 100Gb, 40Gb, 25Gb, 10Gb, and 1Gb Ethernet VF driver
ixgbe, if_ix, if_ixgbe, ix(4) - Intel(R) 10Gb Ethernet driver for the FreeBSD operating system
liquidio(4) - Cavium 10Gb/25Gb Ethernet driver for the FreeBSD operating system
mlx4en(4) - Mellanox ConnectX-3 10GbE/40GbE network adapter driver
mlx4ib(4) - Mellanox ConnectX-3 10GbE/40GbE network adapter driver
mlx5en, mce(4) - NVIDIA Mellanox ConnectX-4/5/6 [Dx/Ex/Lx] based 200Gb, 100Gb, 50Gb, 40Gb, 25Gb and 10Gb ethernet adapter driver
mlx5ib(4) - Mellanox ConnectX-4 and ConnectX-4 LX based 100Gb, 50Gb, 40Gb, 25Gb and 10Gb network adapter driver
mxge, if_mxge(4) - Myricom Myri10GE 10 Gigabit Ethernet adapter driver
netfpga10g_nf10bmac, if_nf10bmac(4) - driver for the NetFPGA-10G Embedded CPU Ethernet Core
oce(4) - Device driver for Emulex OneConnect 10Gb network adapters
sfxge, if_sfxge(4) - Solarflare 10Gb Ethernet adapter driver
sume, if_sume(4) - NetFPGA SUME 4x10Gb Ethernet driver

I'm trying to find out if these 2 networking cards are compatible with FreeBSD. Specifically, I need bhyve to "passthru" them into a guest VM (either FreeBSD or OpenBSD).

10G Ethernet card
Wi-fi 6E card

I went through the hardware list and found something "TP-Link" but it does not state the specific product. So, does this mean there is no hope? Or otherwise, it is still possible to configure them if the correct driver is used?
I played with VMs enough to know that no, you don't really need bhyve to passthru any networking hardware into a VM.

If a card is compatible with the host OS, that's all you need.

Start with making sure the host OS can play well with your card.

Then set up your VM.

Any VM will offer a way to connect to the host's networking stack.

VirtualBox will detect any card that works properly on FreeBSD, no bhyve crutch needed.

Back