Let's try to perform the installation of FreeBSD on the Pocket C.H.I.P :)

You should be able to output a composite signal from the chip. In the past I have used a small 5v display that is sold as a backup camera online. It takes a composite signal and it is powered at 12v but can run with as little as 3.3v of power. I don't recall the brand but it was on ebay I believe. I actually still have it and converted it to run off of a usb cable and it has an hdmi to composite signal converter I've attached to it. I don't use it anymore but I had used with the a PI in the past using the composite output signal.

EDIT: From what I found online the chip has a TRS output that can be used for the composite and audio signal out.

You should be able to output a composite signal from the chip. In the past I have used a small 5v display that is sold as a backup camera online. It takes a composite signal and it is powered at 12v but can run with as little as 3.3v of power. I don't recall the brand but it was on ebay I believe. I actually still have it and converted it to run off of a usb cable and it has an hdmi to composite signal converter I've attached to it. I don't use it anymore but I had used with the a PI in the past using the composite output signal.

EDIT: From what I found online the chip has a TRS output that can be used for the composite and audio signal out.

I know. But the problem is the low quality obtained using the composite signal. It seems very bad. I would like to attach to the Pochet CHIP a decent LCD + touchscreen panel that can use composite or VGA (not sure if a product like this does exists !).

Back