Let's try to perform the installation of FreeBSD on the Pocket C.H.I.P :)

Sounds like a fun little project. Hope to hear about it. :)

btw, is there a place to curate and search for little gadgets like this that run FreeBSD? Or is that all stuff cobbled in the wiki?

mobile device powered by FreeBSD.

At least one came, then went.

Attachments

• 1704543708752.png
    1704543708752.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 33

Thanks. I've seen that but never had any success getting FreeBSD working on a SheevaPlug.

I did originally think that Cooltrainer had managed to get FreeBSD working on a Seagate GoFlex Home unit, but it turned out that it was on a Seagate Dock Star, which isn't the same thing at all.

I would love to get it working one day. I have four of these units, as well as a Seagate Goflex Net. I'd hate the idea of them going into landfill...

Thanks. I've seen that but never had any success getting FreeBSD working on a SheevaPlug.

I did originally think that Cooltrainer had managed to get FreeBSD working on a Seagate GoFlex Home unit, but it turned out that it was on a Seagate Dock Star, which isn't the same thing at all.

I would love to get it working one day. I have four of these units, as well as a Seagate Goflex Net. I'd hate the idea of them going into landfill...

Try to contact more developers and users as you can and propose to work together. This is the only chance you have (including Cooltrainer).

Hey I've been working with the C.H.I.P. for a couple years and I'd be interested in getting OSes other than linux running on there. There's still a community over on Discord at https://discord.gg/UvYbvPrqk6. I'm __chickn__ on there. I've already tried to boot the freebsd kernel using the u-boot on one of my C.H.I.P.s but couldn't get it to boot and tbh I'm not too familiar with how the kernel boots. Fill free to hit me up or join the server.

Hey I've been working with the C.H.I.P. for a couple years and I'd be interested in getting OSes other than linux running on there. There's still a community over on Discord at https://discord.gg/UvYbvPrqk6. I'm __chickn__ on there. I've already tried to boot the freebsd kernel using the u-boot on one of my C.H.I.P.s but couldn't get it to boot and tbh I'm not too familiar with how the kernel boots. Fill free to hit me up or join the server.

I don't like Discord,but I want to collaborate with you here.

Back