FreeBSD Screen Shots

HP Pavillion.
To upgrade the firmware your computer must run windows.
And I must replace the video card to the original, upgrade the firmare, and replace the new video card back.
The firmware cannot boot an O.S. from GPT. Only from MBR.
For legacy boot the firmware thinks you only run Windows ... and it gets confused.
Except the firmware it is a good PC. 8-Core and silent.

For legacy boot the firmware thinks you only run Windows ... and it gets confused.
For linux, this can be fixed with the boot arguments acpi_os_name= and/or acpi_osi=, I'm not sure the equivalent for FreeBSD.

The firmware cannot boot an O.S. from GPT. Only from MBR.
Except the firmware it is a good PC. 8-Core and silent.
So why don't you use MBR as the Partition Scheme?

I've been doing so since FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE (or somewhere thereabout) had problems booting from GPT:

At the Partitioning menu choose Auto (UFS) Guided Disk Setup, for simplicity, and MBR for the Partition Scheme. It will give you a choice of where to install, choose your HDD which will be designated as ada0. There have been problems reported with this stage of installation and I changed from GPT to MBR to get past a sticking point.

snapshot7.png

About to turn it off for the night, but trying to beat my high score on KSmileTris first.. :p

Falkon

… eating 2.5G resident memory & CPU idle time,

No problem here (with YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlDCPCwVNUw for example):

2021-06-28 22:29:56.png

Web

I get playback, but there's associated hogging of the kernel. Alain, if you find the same you might like to report a bug.

Still hogging during playback of YouTube content. A trough after quitting:

1624916358932.png

Attachments

• youtube in FBSD-13-UFS-3.png
    youtube in FBSD-13-UFS-3.png
    421.7 KB · Views: 151
If it's a browser based exploit doesn't it need JS enabled to work?

From top to bottom. Chromium-virtual-memory, Chromium-resident-memory, Poudriere-virtual-memory, Poudriere-resident-memory

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 160
Doomsday.jpg

This is my T61 with 15.4" 1680x1050 (WSXGA+) widescreen and Intel Core2 Duo T7300 @ 2.00GHz with 4GB RAM and Scorpio Black 250GB HDD @ 7200RPM running FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p7 featuring Maiya Maa Kali - Goddess of Death, Time and Doomsday.

I'm thinking of repurposing it as my .mp3 player and bringing my other W520 online, since it's more powerful and this has a really nice picture if I happen to watch movies.

Back