FreeBSD Screen Shots

Could share your color X scheme? I want to have a try. :)
I wanted to attach a file but not sure what file extensions the forum allows.

Code:
! special
*.foreground:   #c5c8c6
*.background:   #1d1f21
*.cursorColor:  #c5c8c6

! black
*.color0:       #000000
*.color8:       #000000

! red
*.color1:       #323232
*.color9:       #323232

! green
*.color2:       #656566
*.color10:      #323232

! yellow
*.color3:       #656566
*.color11:      #93010B

! blue
*.color4:       #656566
*.color12:      #656566

! magenta
*.color5:       #323232
*.color13:      #656566

! cyan
*.color6:       #092284
*.color14:      #092284

! white
*.color7:       #656566
*.color15:      #7c7c7c

Although I try other WM's, i3 is the best WM so far for my needs. Discovered him in 2012 and after so many years of usage there is no DE/WM which can make me abandon him.

Your line above is most welcomed and very telling. Free software is real liberty. With all DEs and WMs at our disposal, each person finds a home. Can you believe that users of Mac and Windows are stuck with what the seller provides and nothing more? I have used all DEs and almost all WMs but in my case spectrwm is my home. KDE, Gnome, FXCE, i3, fluxbox, and so on but it is spectrwm that I enjoy the most, 5 years +.

Well this is not the usual screenshot, but maybe funny.
Did you know that you can use the vt console as paint program when you quickly click/hold/release different mouse buttons while moving the mouse around?
lESbd8Bk_o.jpg

More detail here.

My recently repossessed, rescued and repurposed Sony Vaio i386 .mp3 player:

ningyo.png

i386 FreeBSD 11.2 RELEASE-p2
Sony Vaio VGN-N320E
Intel Core 2 Duo T2060 @ 1.60GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM
Intel 82945GM (945GM GMCH) SVGA controller
Intel 82801G High Definition Audio Controller
Atheros 5424/2424 wi-fi
Razer DeathAdder USB mouse

Shown running x11-wm/fluxbox, x11-fm/xfe, x11/rxvt-unicode, multimedia/vlc, sysutils/gkrellm2, graphics/gimp for the shot and XMMS before it was removed from the ports tree at a 5% and 9% CPU load and has memory to spare at 57c.

It served as my daily driver so long the letters are missing on half the keys and still more than capable of light duty like text editing, image manipulation or watching videos while listening to tunes.

Screenshot_20210313_012326.jpg

uname -aU: FreeBSD t450s.local.lan 12.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p4 GENERIC amd64 1202000
echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP: KDE
pkg info kde5|fgrep -i version: Version : 5.20.4.20.12.0
Desktop background: Picture of the day
Provider/Service: Unsplash Wallpapers
Category: All
Positioning: Scaled & cropped
EDIT NOTE: the screenshot was taken at newmoon, thus the Luna III widget showing the phase of our beloved sister moon is merely invisible. You can see it under the clock when you enlarge the picture.

My recently repossessed, rescued and repurposed Sony Vaio i386 .mp3 player:
👍 for reviving ancient hardware
[VERY dark/black desktop]
👎 C'mon, this matches adolescent depressive Weltschmerz periods, doesn't it?
i386 FreeBSD 11.2 RELEASE-p2 [...]
2GB DDR2 RAM [...]
Shown running [...several apps...] at a 5% and 9% CPU load and has memory to spare at 59°C.

It served as my daily driver so long the letters are missing on half the keys and still more than capable of light duty like text editing, image manipulation or watching videos while listening to tunes.
Again: 👍👍👍

👍 for reviving ancient hardware

That's the one I gave to my neighbor who couldn't grasp the concept of tapping a key to type.

Wonder if anybody would guess the 11111 password I set for him to make it easy as possible to login, which he could not do, if I didn't change it back to my usr password?
C'mon, this matches adolescent depressive Weltschmerz periods, doesn't it?

It matches my avatar in color theme and the BOC bg the fact that's it's a dedicated .mp3 player. As close as I could get it to look like my X61 .mp3 player before the fan died. I just showed it had enough resources to watch a video at the same time.

the_red_and_the_black.png

Ya I liked the previous one 'cause I'm well-bred & got the decency to honour the honourable Alice Cooper, right?! But I can't click Like on these depressive Weltschmerz colour themes, hope you forgive that.

Ya I liked the previous one 'cause I'm well-bred & got the decency to honour the honourable Alice Cooper, right?!
Yes, you do have a high opinion of your opinion.

But I can't click Like on these depressive Weltschmerz colour themes, hope you forgive that.
If you find desktop images of Catwoman, Harley Quinn or Sheri Moon Zombie on a black background depressing and think Devilene needs Graphic Image Breast Reduction Surgery done to be worthy of your approval for entry into my posting of wallpapers, then you, Sir, have terrible taste in females and desktop images IMO.

Possibly related to your banal favoritism for a vanilla KDE DE over a Fluxbox WM working environment and your opinion of like and dislike of them matter naught.

Then please, priest of the almighty yea free BeaSD, provide me a remedy for my "terrible taste in females and desktop images", or point me to the right direction how to get rid of it.
These are the Doctors recommendations:

1. I'll provide you with a copy of 7 wallpapers to use during the course of treatment.
2. Make a detail account of your feelings during this period and post them in your yea free BeaSD thread on a daily basis.
3. Starting tomorrow, Sunday 3-14-21, you are to use one weekly for 7 consecutive days and change on Sundays only. The machine should be kept powered on at all times.
4. You should configure your desktop like I do, hide the taskbar, and make it look as much like mine as possible all during this period to conceal KDE from view.
5. By the time you reach wallpaper #4 you are now ready to switch to x11-wm/fluxbox and should do so.
6. Continue with rotation of desktop bg for 7 weeks until you have made one complete cycle.

Should there be no progress I will have to consider Acupuncture.

1. I'll provide you with a copy of 7 wallpapers to use during the course of treatment.
2. Make a detail account of your feelings during this period and post them in your yea free BeaSD thread on a daily basis.
3. Starting tomorrow, Sunday 3-14-21, you are to use one weekly for 7 consecutive days and change on Sundays only. The machine should be kept powered on at all times.
4. You should configure your desktop like I do, hide the taskbar, and make it look as much like mine as possible all during this period to conceal KDE from view.
As long as you do not also force me to play your suggestions in "Off-topic -> Music..." all day long, we might come to an agreement. While some are really good songs, I generally refuse to torture myself with that hardcore Grunge-Rock style of noise.
5. By the time you reach wallpaper #4 you are now ready to switch to x11-wm/fluxbox and should do so.
I'll postpone that decision. ATM I couldn't think of, but that might change as a consequence of your treatment.
6. Continue with rotation of desktop bg for 7 weeks until you have made one complete cycle.
Should there be no progress I will have to consider Acupuncture.
Ouch. How to do that online?

The fabled IBM Thinkpad T43 running i386 FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p4:

beautiful_world.png
With correct wallpaper to match IBM insignia on the palmrest.

i386 FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p4
Intel Pentium M processor (Dothan) @ 2.00GHz
2GB PC2-4200 RAM
Hitachi GST Travelstar 7K100 100GB HDD @ 7200 RPM
RV370/M22 ATI Mobility Radeon X300
15.0" TFT display with 1024x768 resolution

I'm using it now to post with www/firefox-esr and took the shot with graphics/gimp. It has all the 3rd party programs I regularily install on my other machines, only built from pkg instead of ports.

Hey glorious ya Free BeaSD folks.
I think you lot need to be educated about our lord and saviour SPECTRWM WINDOW MANAGER and my typical desktop workflow (vifm, cmus, zathura, vim, latex), as follows:
My right monitor is rotated by 90˚, so there is some empty space in the screenshot. I even un-tiled two of the windows, so it looks a bit more presentable.

Attachments

• scrot-21-0314-20:16:35.jpg
    scrot-21-0314-20:16:35.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 1,530
Good call with Uriah Heep, trihexagonal. 😀
I had all the bg artwork I did saved to the X61 HDD before it gave a fan warning error and shut down gracefully.

I have T61 with same specs as the X61. If I switch the HDD over it should boot right up and be easy to get the files transferred to USB.

Back