FreeBSD Screen Shots

As [FONT=monospace]Alain De Vos[/FONT] said, color is a personal matter.
Of course color is a personal matter, just like everything else.
But I wasn't talking about color preference, I was talking about light damage to the eye because of this part of your comment:
Red color may be a little annoying for the eyes. I suggest that you use anti-radiation glasses to avoid damaging your eyes.

I suggest that you take a look at this article.

BobSlacker I used to be very involved with the problem of eye pain and after searching on the Internet I realized that using some colors is not recommended. For example, if you've seen the dark themes of text editors or plugins such as Dark Reader in web browsers, you will realize that pure black is not used. For example, #1e2020 is used instead of #000. Even the colors of the texts in editors are usually not completely white (#FFF). Personally, I think using flashy red (#FF0000) is not a very good idea for text files.
I've even read that you shouldn't read a completely white text(#FFF) on a completely black background (#000).
P.S. English is not my mother tongue and sometimes I may not express my meaning correctly or make mistakes. I apologize for this. 🌹

BobSlacker I used to be very involved with the problem of eye pain and after searching on the Internet I realized that using some colors is not recommended. For example, if you've seen the dark themes of text editors or plugins such as Dark Reader in web browsers, you will realize that pure black is not used. For example, #1e2020 is used instead of #000. Even the colors of the texts in editors are usually not completely white (#FFF). Personally, I think using flashy red (#FF0000) is not a very good idea for text files.
I've even read that you shouldn't read a completely white text(#FFF) on a completely black background (#000).
P.S. English is not my mother tongue and sometimes I may not express my meaning correctly or make mistakes. I apologize for this. 🌹
Living and learning, thank you for the insight mate.

No worries, me too. S2

This has happened to me before! It was one of the worst events in my life! My config of several years was deleted. It took me a long time to fix it again.
I'm moving my /home to another pool right now to change my backup setup in order to use more zfs native stuffs because of this.

screenshot
What I like about FreeBSD is that it manages to combine recent software with unprecedented stability. In your screenshot I see it has XFCE 4.18. I also permanently installed Mageia 8 on a USB and am using a fairly recent kernel (5.15) and all my packages are updated. But it has XFCE 4.16

I'm pretty sure there are many Linux distros using older XFCE versions. Often Manjaro gets the new XFCE versions a few months later than FreeBSD even though Manjaro is a rolling release distro.

Heavily customized dwm....

2023-04-15_19-08.png

I have to agree with comments about red/black theme in the screenshot earlier in the thread... yeah, it looks cool, and fits with FreeBSD daemon theme, but the color composition is kinda harsh on the eyes.
I think that with a better screen I would use it for longer. But I kept my boot colors in fg=red bg=black tho, Beastie head must be red, otherwise is just wrong. ;·)

VTWM (vitual tabbed window manager), is one of many TWM descendants. It implements a Virtual Desktop (VD), meaning that what is currently on screen is just a portion of a larger workspace.

My configuration of VTWM is practically a full experience as far as menus - layouts - icons - themes - sounds - all configurable within the window manager.
2023-07-20-143250_1920x1080_scrot.png

Back