Xfce Any good menu editors for Xfce?

I cannot find any good menu editors. I've tried Alacarte and nothing loads. I launch it in the terminal and receive this error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/alacarte", line 21, in <module>
  from Alacarte.MainWindow import main
ImportError: No module named 'Alacarte'

I've looked everywhere on Google with no leads.

I then tried Mozo which actually loaded but when I try to add an item or change something, I receive this error in the terminal:

Code:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Mozo/MainWindow.py", line 313, in on_new_item_button_clicked
  process = subprocess.Popen(['mate-desktop-item-edit', file_path], env=os.environ)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
  errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
  raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Alacarte is for GNOME---I believe it was only designed for GNOME 2, so it might only work with Mate these days. You could give x11/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin a try if you want something a bit more configurable than the default Xfce menu. I don't know how easily to can modify individual entries, though (haven't used Xfce in a while myself).

I cannot find any good menu editors. I've tried Alacarte and nothing loads. I launch it in the terminal and receive this error:

Code:
  File "/usr/local/bin/alacarte", line 21, in <module>
  from Alacarte.MainWindow import main
ImportError: No module named 'Alacarte'

This means you need to install the alacarte module for python. Assuming you're using python3, the command you want is "pip3 install alacarte", otherwise use "pip install alacarte" (all without quotes). If it complains it can't find pip, you need to install the package "setuptools" for your particular installation.

Code:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Mozo/MainWindow.py", line 313, in on_new_item_button_clicked
  process = subprocess.Popen(['mate-desktop-item-edit', file_path], env=os.environ)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
  errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
  raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

This means that the variable "file_path" doesn't exist on your box. You'll have to dig around to find out where it is pointing to vs where it should be pointing to. (Possibly a leftover linuxism?)

As for your original question, the only decent editor I know of is "MenuLibre" (https://launchpad.net/menulibre) but I don't believe anything is in ports so you'd have to build it yourself (not in front of my FreeBSD install so I can't say for sure).

[...]

As for your original question, the only decent editor I know of is "MenuLibre" (https://launchpad.net/menulibre) but I don't believe anything is in ports so you'd have to build it yourself (not in front of my FreeBSD install so I can't say for sure).

I've already ported MenuLibre, not yet in ports tree. As it depends of Python3 (by default Python modules or Python's applications are build with Python2), you need to compile it by yourself.

Back