abandon port emulators/fs-uae

I've done a few attempts but I've been too busy trying to get emulators/mame in shape first. I'm having some difficulties getting pkg-plist correct, port itself now builds fine, including replacing various embedded libraries with FreeBSD native ports.

The last time I tried working on emulators/fs-uae I had some type casting issues with the bsdsocket.library.

So I tried again this weekend, keep running into the same problem. Both the current 2.8.4 version and the new 3.0.0 version croak on the same weird type casting.

Code:
--- src/od-fs/bsdsocket_host.o ---
In file included from src/od-fs/bsdsocket_host.cpp:5:
./src/od-fs/bsdsocket_posix.cpp:1260:20: error: assigning to 'uae_u32' (aka 'unsigned int') from incompatible type '__bind<int &, sockaddr *, int &>'
    if ((success = bind (s, (struct sockaddr *)&addr, len)) != 0) {
                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
*** [src/od-fs/bsdsocket_host.o] Error code 1

It's part of the 'glue' that connects the bsdsocket.library on the Amiga side to the host's socket(2) libraries. The thing that's perplexing is that it's been defined as an unsigned integer. But bind(2) returns a signed integer (it can return -1 if there's an error).

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a source repository (I suspect it's a private repository) so I can't look at the history. I might try to build 2.8.3 or an older version, if that works I can have a look at the code differences. I've also signed up on their forums, if I can find anything I'm going to ask for help there.

So I tried again this weekend, keep running into the same problem. Both the current 2.8.4 version and the new 3.0.0 version croak on the same weird type casting.

Code:
--- src/od-fs/bsdsocket_host.o ---
In file included from src/od-fs/bsdsocket_host.cpp:5:
./src/od-fs/bsdsocket_posix.cpp:1260:20: error: assigning to 'uae_u32' (aka 'unsigned int') from incompatible type '__bind<int &, sockaddr *, int &>'
    if ((success = bind (s, (struct sockaddr *)&addr, len)) != 0) {
                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
*** [src/od-fs/bsdsocket_host.o] Error code 1

It's part of the 'glue' that connects the bsdsocket.library on the Amiga side to the host's socket(2) libraries. The thing that's perplexing is that it's been defined as an unsigned integer. But bind(2) returns a signed integer (it can return -1 if there's an error).

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a source repository (I suspect it's a private repository) so I can't look at the history. I might try to build 2.8.3 or an older version, if that works I can have a look at the code differences. I've also signed up on their forums, if I can find anything I'm going to ask for help there.
Have a look at this thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...t-uses-socket-function-bind-with-libcxx-fails
so replace bind with ::bind (in 2 files)

Thanks, but the purpose of this post is that I want to stop being a maintainer of the port, as I have no time nor any setup running to maintain it.

First testport run on 12-STABLE looks good, no more issues.

Thanks, but the purpose of this post is that I want to stop being a maintainer of the port, as I have no time nor any setup running to maintain it.
When I finish up I'll create a PR for it and set the maintainer to me. I'll be happy to take over.

Freshports is giving me some issues right now but I assume emulators/fs-uae-launcher needs to be updated too. But I see that's maintained by someone else.

SirDice just created a PR to change it to ports, as requested by acheron, I cannot approve the change as the maintainer email is just an alias., I hope you or someone else can do this behind the scenes.
Thanks for taking over, much appreciated :)

just created a PR to change it to ports
What PR number?

Testport runs on 11.3-RELEASE, 12.0-RELEASE and 12-STABLE are all good. I just need to check if it actually works but I need to be at home for that. I have plenty of Amiga stuff to test with.

Back