Solved Sudden mouse movement change page in Web browsers

Dear friends,

I just installed FreeBSD 11.2 in a VirtualBox virtual machine, Windows 10 Host
(new workplace => new computer)

If I move the mouse switfly Up/Down or also Left/Right the browser change page and go back/farward in history.

This happens with both browser Firefox and Chrome. Installed from packages.

I copied the mouse configuration from the Handbook overriding the default in xorg.conf but it did not work.
This ugly behaviour persists.

My window manager is a simple one, WindowMaker, but i have some K-things installed as Konsole and Dolphin.

Did you ever experienced such a problem ? Have you found a workaround ?

bye
Nicola

I've found that to happen frequently, and not just on Virtual or FreeBSD machines, for example, Linux on bare metal. I don't know if it's just the mouse, there may be some key I hit with my palm that has something to do with it. For example, I've done things like finding the mousewheel increased or decreased size and only later learned that ctl plus mousewheel will change size and that apparently, my ctl key was stuck.
So, no workaround, but at least you're not alone.

Interference, maybe? Is the rodent wireless or wired? Make sure you have no magnets around, nothing messing with the tail.

Interference, maybe? Is the rodent wireless or wired? Make sure you have no magnets around, nothing messing with the tail.

It is a wired Logitech mouse. The bad behaviour was very much systematic, it could hardly be an interference.

Anyhow i solved, at least in VirtualBox guest Emrion way fixes it.
IE. do not load moused.

bye
n.

I have just installed freebsd on virtualbox.. At first time, the mouse was not detected at all but now after adding some configuration, it is detected. But when I use firefox, and I scroll up, the page went back to previous one. Anyone knows how to fix it?

I have just installed freebsd on virtualbox.. At first time, the mouse was not detected at all but now after adding some configuration, it is detected. But when I use firefox, and I scroll up, the page went back to previous one. Anyone knows how to fix it?
If you still dont find the solution, please try this post:

its work for me

Back