Steamuxulation redux

D

Deleted member 67862

I used to play Project Zomboid Build 41 during its development around June-July with linux-steam-utils. With the final release of Build 41, it is no longer playable with the following output (Java-related though it includes the java runtime needed?):

Code:
/bin/sh\0-c\0/home/steam/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=108600 -- '/usr/home/steam/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid.sh'\0
Game process added : AppID 108600 "/home/steam/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=108600 -- '/usr/home/steam/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid.sh'", ProcID 66744, IP 0.0.0.0:0
chdir /usr/home/steam/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/home/steam/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/home/steam/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
pid 67220 != 66744, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)
64-bit java detected
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libPZXInitThreads64.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libPZXInitThreads64.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
Failed to create Java VM

libPZXInitThreads64.so? We should probably label this one "a critical lack of competence". They obviously do something stupid with their launcher or startup scripts if they need to preload things into their own project.

D

Deleted member 67862

libPZXInitThreads64.so? We should probably label this one "a critical lack of competence". They obviously do something stupid with their launcher or startup scripts if they need to preload things into their own project.
Yep. I didn't think to SearX that, only was SearX-ing "Failed to create Java VM". Looks like users on Fedora and Debian get the same error:

4. Risen 2 (40390) — doesn't start no matter what. Seems to exit right after GetFileInformationByHandle call, which happens to be in exactly the same check that seems to work correctly for Mafia 2. Go figure.
Starts after winetricks physx. Not sure if anything changed in my environment besides that.

D

Deleted member 67862

Update on PZ, the latest update launches without any "Failed to launch Java VM" but no window opens.

Bash:
Game process added : AppID 108600 "/home/steam/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=108600 -- '/usr/home/steam/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid.sh'", ProcID 2577, IP 0.0.0.0:0
chdir /usr/home/steam/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
pid 3548 != 2577, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)
64-bit java detected

It still gives that "libPZXInitThreads64.so cannot be preloaded" error so this is the only other culprit. I think this object was present in the Build 41 beta that I played around summer last year, though.

Hello,

I got slipstream, a retro racing game built using Unity engine. It works, but there's no audio. I tried monofix and fmodfix; I know they shouldn't be required anymore, but figured I'd try, it doesn't help. No errors in the log that I can see, I attached it incase maybe there is something I overlooked. Sound in other Unity games works, like Horizon Chase Turbo for example. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• slipstream.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 7