Palemoon

Just installed palemoon. It require UUID at first ( same as Firefox) & depend on 'seamonkey170'. What is future "secured" web browser ?

This browser on Linux with Ablock Prime slow like hell, render font very bad bad bad compared to Chromium (yes, Chromium, not even Firefox). Why using such thing? The Moonchild Foundation just doesn't know their real position in the market.

This browser on Linux with Ablock Prime slow like hell

While I'm not running Palemoon on Linux, my guess is that Adblock Prime uses the WebExtension backend which is basically JavaScript only and yes, that's very slow.

render font very bad bad bad compared to Chromium

There're options on choosing the fonts you like or dislike. The default options might not be your favorite choice.

While I'm not running Palemoon on Linux, my guess is that Adblock Prime uses the WebExtension backend which is basically JavaScript only and yes, that's very slow.

There're options on choosing the fonts you like or dislike. The default options might not be your favorite choice.
First, Adblock Prime is on their list of extensions on their homepage. I checked the round button is yellow, not blue, means it's legacy, not WE based.

Second, I know how to force font family on FF based browser. Even if I do that, it's still look not good as Chromium.

Attaching complete palemoon port, for those who do not want to create it from patch from post above or to wait.
I used it to build PM, that I'm using now. Just extract palemoon dir to /usr/ports/www/, # cd into it and run # make install.
Do you still use palemoon? As you indicate of the tarball package, the installation ends up displaying in error.

Do you still use palemoon? As you indicate of the tarball package, the installation ends up displaying in error.
Please, don't use it, it is very outdated. I removed that zip file from that post.

Was anyone able to compile on FreeBSD 13.2, and is anyone considering adding a New Moon (debranded Pale Moon that can be compiled however you want) package or port? When I'm not number-crunching with my graphics card in the warm/hot weather soon I'd like to switch back to FreeBSD but lack of New/Pale Moon would prevent me from doing so...

Was anyone able to compile on FreeBSD 13.2, and is anyone considering adding a New Moon (debranded Pale Moon that can be compiled however you want) package or port? When I'm not number-crunching with my graphics card in the warm/hot weather soon I'd like to switch back to FreeBSD but lack of New/Pale Moon would prevent me from doing so...
Actually there is a FreeBSD build on Palemoon's official website HERE. I just tested it and it works fine.

Back