METIN-2 / METIN2 and other illegal software- don't ask for assistance on these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent a bit of time attempting to compile the source of mysql 5.7 for this a couple weeks ago. I hit a wall with one dependency being unable to be found, and deemed it not worth my time to continue debugging it. I could probably get it all put together, but I am a bit new to the world of FreeBSD and I am unsure how to begin contributing to the ports tree. If someone could point me to instructions on how to get involved, I could probably get this put together.

Someone know when will be avaliable an port? In ticket he dont say nothing. :(

I spent a bit of time attempting to compile the source of mysql 5.7 for this a couple weeks ago. I hit a wall with one dependency being unable to be found, and deemed it not worth my time to continue debugging it. I could probably get it all put together, but I am a bit new to the world of FreeBSD and I am unsure how to begin contributing to the ports tree. If someone could point me to instructions on how to get involved, I could probably get this put together.
Hi!

You can get started by looking at the FreeBSD Porter's Handbook. You can also subscribe to the freebsd-ports mailing list for any questions you have along the way.

Any help with a port(s) is appreciated.

Someone know when will be available an port? In ticket he don't say nothing. :(
ds_aim, most FreeBSD developers and port maintainers work on ports in their spare time. MySQL is not a trivial port and could take quite some time before v5.7 is available in the ports tree. All you can do at this point is make a request and wait for someone that has the time and is willing to work on and commit it unless your able to do it yourself.

ds_aim, most FreeBSD developers and port maintainers work on ports in their spare time. MySQL is not a trivial port and could take quite some time before v5.7 is available in the ports tree. All you can do at this point is make a request and wait for someone that has the time and is willing to work on and commit it unless your able to do it yourself.
Heh thanks for answer. I think iI must wait.
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hy guys I'm just try to make an auto check and install script.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

freebsdversion=$(uname -r)
cores=$(sysctl hw.ncpu | cut -c 10-)
ram=$(sysctl hw.physmem | cut -c 13-)
ram=$((ram/1024/1024))            ## Resize to MB
echo -e "\033[36mCurrent FreeBSD Version: $freebsdversion"
echo "Number of cores: $cores"
echo "Available memory: ${ram}M"
echo ""
echo "This script is for setup all dependencies"
echo "for compiling the source of Avenor."
echo "(c) Copyright 2015 Avenor Team. Coded by Ira"
echo -e "\033[0m"

check()
{
    pkg info | grep -i $1 >> /dev/null
    if [ "$?" -ne "0" ]
    then
        echo -e "\033[1;31m$1 not found.\033[0m"
        read -p "Do you wish to install it? (y/n) " yn
        case $yn in
            [Yy]* ) echo -e "\033[0;32mInstalling $1... Please wait\033[0m";
            [Nn]* ) echo -e "\033[1;31mSkip install $1 - can produce errors on build\033[0m";
        esac
    else
        echo -e "\033[32m$1 exist - not needed to install\033[0m"
    fi
}

# Check for gcc49
check "gcc48" "gcc49"

# Check for cryptopp
check "cryptopp" "cryptopp"

# Check for googletest
check "googletest" "googletest"

# Check for boost
check "boost-all" "boost-all"

exit 0

What am I doing wrong? :D

I just want to check if package is installed , if not select yes and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back