What is good is that the compiler is very picky. When you want to put something big into something small or into something which does not exist. It produces good compile-time and also run-time errors. Better than many other languages,preventing thinking-errors. The building system can tell you also it is a good idea to put a space here, also a good thing for readability. Extended libraries, I think there is a 3-liner to do a fast-fourier-transform with complex numbers.
The bad casting. Some languages have implicit casting of types producing good results. That explicit change of types clutters the readability and does not always lead to quality.
PS : I did not find directly an ADA connector to a Redis database

Last edited:
Finding a hello world of any ada api seems to be a real struggle and enormous frustrating.
Weird culture in the modern year 2019.

Finding a hello world of any ada api seems to be a real struggle and enormous frustrating.

This is solved with practice. The only thing bother me with my studies of Ada the tooling is sometimes hard to put together.

[EDIT]

I still did not managed to compile ada-util, I always get "error:
Code:
util.ali" not found, "util.ads" must be compiled

even when I add those files directly in place.

I will open a bug report about this today.

Same happens when using the scripts you provided. :rolleyes:

Thank you.

[EDIT]

I managed to build devel/ada-util toying with devel/gprbuild with the .gpr files in it, and this is my output of lsblk. :D

Code:
mount | grep -e ^/dev/  exited with status  1
pgrep ntfs-3g exited with status  1
|    NAME      | SIZE  | RO  |      TYPE     |    MOUNTPOINT     |
|/dev/ada0     |112G  |-   |GPT            |-                   |
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
|/dev/ada0p1   |512K  |-   |freebsd-boot   |-                   |
|-             |492K  |-   |free           |-                   |
|/dev/ada0p2   |4.0G  |-   |freebsd-swap   |-                   |
|/dev/ada0p3   |108G  |-   |freebsd-zfs    |-                   |
|-             |1.0M  |-   |free           |-                   |

Everything in Ada is rigorously, carefully and systematic thought aiming extreme safety and reliability to certificate software against the most challenging certifiers. Every other aspect just come later. SPARK is even more interesting. 👀

If you take in consideration Ada is an ISO standard that evolve (2012 is the last revision but 202x is coming, quite likely at 2020) with active the participation of the Ada community (developers and corporations), yes this make a lot of sense in 2019. :)

I've posted this video in here several times, but just in case you didn't watched it:

THIS is another quite nice video!

> In the ada community, I have the feeling nifty language details, for a purist, seem to be more important than API's to connect to the outside world.
An easy solution is this,
> I think the median age of the Ada community is also elder.
> Rosettacode as source of information is, well not the best but better than nothing.
> Proves are an interesting feature of spark
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uozktsGi9K8

> openglada builds
> after a bit fiddling sdlada builds
> xmlada builds
> util-ada builds
> gprinstall might have a problem , but a workaround is playing with include,lib, & other paths
> Tip : Jmarino uses GNAT.OS_Lib.Spawn in synth so he didn't needed ada-util.

Last edited:
I did exactly that, but as said before (the last edition) I managed to build, I just don't know why the ada-util build recipes isn't working for me.

What FreeBSD version you are using? I'm on 12.1R in here.
What are the exact errors you are receiving, can you post a log ?
[In case of problems they are easely fixed by placing softlinks here and there so the system knows where to find files]

Last edited:
Back