It's all about jokes, funny pics...

For the ones who have to deal with node.js applications.

node_modules.jpg

I participated to an Ekiden this Weekend and here are the results. If we had known about our fifth relay runner's talents, we would have told him to run 10km instead.
True story: A few years ago, our son started high school (in the US, that's in 9th grade). For a sport, he wanted to do soccer (and ended up doing that, rather well), so he put his name and student ID number on the list for soccer. But just in case something happened, he also put himself on the list of students with an interest in track and field (in other languages that's called "light athletics", like running and jumping). When he was accepted into the soccer team, he gave up on track and field. One of the reasons for him being accepted is that he is actually a pretty fast runner (good for a forward), and very good at reacting and jumping (which is why he ended up as goalkeeper).

But for some reason, his student ID number was still on the list for track and field. He never went to practices, and he never went to any competitions. And then at some competition, his student ID number was entered by mistake after a 200m run, and because he was on the list, it was not rejected. He quickly found out when the other students congratulated him on his great result. A few weeks later, we by coincidence looked at the web site with sports results, and he was the second faster 200m runner in the history of the high school! Even though he had never run that distance seriously, and never participated in a competition. So he went to the coach, and said that this must be some sort of mistake. But the coach said that they have no record of who really ran that time (since the records are kept by computer), and invalidating it now after many weeks would cause serious trouble (for example the standing of the school track and field team in comparison to other schools would change), and it would be a lot of work to change, therefore it's best to just leave it alone. So our son officially remains the 2nd fastest student at his high school on the 200m run, without every having run that distance. He is not at all proud of that.

<snip>how to build a horse</snip>
Sorry, I had to :D We're in offtopic (I honestly double checked) so.. ehm.

You Sir are evil. It was a fine Saturday evening when I went through your post after having downed a few beers. I am still laughing even though I knew all the jokes already. I am a vivid Java programmer. Not an expert one! But I use the language quite often because it's my favorite. And oh my word, did this hit the hammer on the nail ( :D ).

Thanks for sharing this!

The Python one is really funny. That's often been my experience with Python libraries: You want something done, like parse content out of badly formatted HTML pages, or display graphs, hook to a Modbus device. You can find pretty good libraries, but they typically get you 100% to a place that's not exactly your goal but pretty close.

Back