installation issue gnome desktop

A lot of commands have so-called manual pages. You can access them by entering $ man <command>, learning to use the man(1) command is fairly essential, nobody is going to remember all those strange options and arguments for every command in existence. Manual pages provide a clean and easily accessible way to lookup that information. In this case just enter $ man ee to see what ee(1) is.

$ visudo but in came back in the terminal " the command does not exist" any help on this.
Judging by the $ prompt you're trying to run this as a user, it needs to be run by root. Only root can modify the sudoers file (which is what you're doing with the visudo(8) command). Also note that visudo(8) will run the editor that's set with the EDITOR variable, which is vi(1) by default.

visudo(8) will run the editor that's set with the EDITOR variable, …

I found it necessary to set the VISUAL variable.

Code:
root@mowa219-gjp4-8570p-freebsd:~ # setenv EDITOR ee
root@mowa219-gjp4-8570p-freebsd:~ # visudo
visudo: /usr/local/etc/sudoers.tmp unchanged
root@mowa219-gjp4-8570p-freebsd:~ # echo $EDITOR
ee
root@mowa219-gjp4-8570p-freebsd:~ # echo $SHELL
/bin/csh
root@mowa219-gjp4-8570p-freebsd:~ # grep nano ~/.cshrc
setenv  EDITOR  /usr/local/bin/nano
setenv  VISUAL  /usr/local/bin/nano
root@mowa219-gjp4-8570p-freebsd:~ # setenv VISUAL ee

root@mowa219-gjp4-8570p-freebsd:~ #

(When $EDITOR was ee, visudo used nano.)

<https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi...th=FreeBSD+13.0-RELEASE+and+Ports#ENVIRONMENT>

Hi i was able to get in visudo and also we vieditor and create giuseppe ALL ALL but how in you save the page ? and get out ?

This would not save but only exit without saving.

Rocking. With. Laughter. This. Is. Why. I. Don't. Use. Vi.

Seriously. Laughs aside. This: <https://forums.FreeBSD.org/threads/8877/post-519987>, and when I tested before posting the UX was so alien to me, with things disappearing unexpectedly and so on, I couldn't tell the difference between before and after.

… learn how to wipe his *ss …

Being shat on by vi is exceptional.

so first escape then type iwq! and then type zz in visudo and this will also exit and save the file created ?

so first press escape then type :wq! and then type zz next to :wq! and this will exit and save all the changes made?

The PR was abruptly killed off by hardcore vi-kings. But someone did suggest an FCP (acronyms abound).

Dear OP, I understand your difficulty.

I do intend to pursue an FCP, when, when ... whenever.

See comment #37 how to save in vi.

First press ESC, to exit insert mode.
Then press ':', 'w', 'q', '!' and 'ENTER'. Easy, isn't it?

I can't stress it enough: vi(1) is the default text editor of FreeBSD and you should learn how to use it.
Read tutorials and practice!

Back