If you wanna buy a nice and 100% compatible Usb Wifi adapter buy one of these they are great !

If you are looking to buy a really compatible and trustworthy wifi usb adapter for freebsd
Search ebay with these keywords copy the entire text: RTL8812AU 1200M 5G Wireless Network Card USB 3 Wi-Fi-Receiver
and paste it on ebay search.

I'm using it right now and it is crazy compatible with freebsd out of the box !
(and with linux after you install the opensource driver if you are using ubuntu)
Did i mention is cheap as hell ?
-----------------------
Second:
Also for compatible wifi adapters you could grab a belkin f7d1101 wifi adapter which is also compatible with freebsd

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 487
  • belkin.jpeg
    belkin.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
EDIMAX's RTL8812AU version has issues (for me). Whenever I performed an rsync to a remote file server, the interface would lock up and I'd be forced to reboot. Allegedly, -rxcsum and -rxcsum6 would do the trick but it didn't work for me. Also, the IEEE80211 stack seems to throw some errors. But it certainly was a reprieve from the issues of the RTL8192CUS implementation. Then again, it keeps causing my lagg(4) port to choke at times.

I think more work is needed before I can move it to production, which is why I've accepted plain-jane Ethernet.

Speaking of which, does anyone have reference sheets for programming these chipsets? I'd like to review the implementations. Or is the only option to refer to the mini-CD's source (for Linux) provided by the manufacturer?

I have tested streaming video and downloading(for many days/nights) and other adapters may have problems with that stop working or something this was the most trustworthy and i have tested a hell out of wifi adapters .

EDIMAX's RTL8812AU version has issues (for me). Whenever I performed an rsync to a remote file server, the interface would lock up and I'd be forced to reboot. Allegedly, -rxcsum and -rxcsum6 would do the trick but it didn't work for me. Also, the IEEE80211 stack seems to throw some errors. But it certainly was a reprieve from the issues of the RTL8192CUS implementation. Then again, it keeps causing my lagg(4) port to choke at times.

I think more work is needed before I can move it to production, which is why I've accepted plain-jane Ethernet.

Speaking of which, does anyone have reference sheets for programming these chipsets? I'd like to review the implementations. Or is the only option to refer to the mini-CD's source (for Linux) provided by the manufacturer?

I have tested streaming video and downloading(for many days/nights) and other adapters may have problems with that stop working or something this was the most trustworthy and i have tested a hell out of wifi adapters .

May I know which FreeBSD version you're having such success? My issue, with my adapter, is seen on FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE-p3.

Also, do you have a link to a blog/article for "testing" these adapters? I've done just simple ICMP-echo - 100x and HTTP GET for files of sized 1M, 10M, 100M, and 1000M. In OpenBSD, tcpbench comes standard; would I have to learn how to use netperf?

Back