Solved I finally have created an experimental BSD Project called CultBSD it uses uzip compressed with zstd level 19 compression its pretty fast.

Hi there!

christhegreek said:
/media should be read/write
christhegreek said:
It happens only on the Live
Thanks, Chris, for clarifying! :)

christhegreek said:
i usually mounted my drives using terminal and thats why i didn't found this mistake ! Thank you again !
Con mucho gusto! (My pleasure!) :)
I was somehow sensing that the mere end-user I am would not be completely useless here, haha!

christhegreek said:
Yes you found a Bug !!!
So, eventually, it was a bug, not a "feature".
Wow, I've been using Unix-like systems since 2007 and that is the very first bug I am able to report to the Dev himself! That calls for a drink!!! Cheers, friends :D

Yours, O.

Chris,

Not sure it was here or on your blog or... both, but I have read somewhere you are endeavoring to base yet another project on OpenBSD, aren't you? Well, then you may be interested by the FuguIta project, whether for inspiration or differentiation...

http://fuguita.org/index.php?FuguIta/StartGuide

It seems FuguIta is a one-man project too. The dev is Kawamata "Yoshi" Yoshihiro.
It's the one and only "user-friendly" OpenBSD based system I have ever heard of.

Regards!

:-( Gonna include that in future releases
Cant believe i havent predicted it
Hi there!

Thanks, Chris, for clarifying! :)

Con mucho gusto! (My pleasure!) :)
I was somehow sensing that the mere end-user I am would not be completely useless here, haha!

So, eventually, it was a bug, not a "feature".
Wow, I've been using Unix-like systems since 2007 and that is the very first bug I am able to report to the Dev himself! That calls for a drink!!! Cheers, friends :D

Yours, O.

I wanted to make an OpenBSD based project but until now the only good way i found is using openbsd's text installer, creating a live openbsd image would be very very slow.

For the Kde Plasma lovers i will upload a new release after some quick tests i will do it will be a little humorous i like to break monotony .....
It will be perfect for boys & girls and it will called 51MP Edition :)

Chris,

Not sure it was here or on your blog or... both, but I have read somewhere you are endeavoring to base yet another project on OpenBSD, aren't you? Well, then you may be interested by the FuguIta project, whether for inspiration or differentiation...

http://fuguita.org/index.php?FuguIta/StartGuide

It seems FuguIta is a one-man project too. The dev is Kawamata "Yoshi" Yoshihiro.
It's the one and only "user-friendly" OpenBSD based system I have ever heard of.

Regards!

About Firefox and Global Menu of Plasma the only solution i found needs firefox to be recompiled there is a project on Linux that fix that but recompiling firefox just to update is too much hassle for nothing.

I am planning to create a more professional project cause for some bsd gurus (friends of mine) seemed very noobish :-(
This project was a bit noobish but unique it wasn't based on anything else like some of the new freebsd projects.
I have left with a potato pc right now , i will buy a new pc after a year or sooner but till then i'm stuck with this.
Its incredible how many things you can learn for optimization when you have a potato pc, even simple tasks like
watching 1080p 60fps videos on youtube are impossible without some tweaking.
I will apply these tricks by default on my next release .. if my crappy pc would want to make another project.

I was running cultbsd with kde plasma (the ultimate/studio release which it was the best and most perfect release ever)
And i was surprised how well it would work on this potato pc , linux with vanilla kde plasma would go crazy after some minutes running kde plasma.
I'm not sure why ?

I am testing linux & freebsd to find what is better for my temporary potato-pc i don't know why but FreeBSD seems to be better.
Also if you have a potato-pc too and you want to play 1080p 60fps videos on youtube and you have 90% frames loss *lol* i can create a new post to show you
how you can tweak firefox for vaapi hardware acceleration on intel/amd but also nvidia gpus (on FreeBSD of course)

For once a non BSD question, which linuxs distro's are you trying out ?
PS: void linux is much freebsd alike.
I started with void linux of course then arch then ubuntu then some arch based distros , i don't like them they seem to be not faster or even slower than FreeBSD, also with wayland everything is even slower !
Also i tried Chrome OS & Chromium OS they are completely unstable at least on my pc and they are not faster
Less crap is better than more crap thats what my bsd friends were saying and i can testify it is true

It's more the updating,upgrading,bootloader,initramfs/initrd, And sometimes linux updates a kernel but then it does not have zfs drivers etc ...

FreeBSD itself does not care if it is installed on USB or a spinning-drive or SSD or an NVME.
For virtualisation bhyve will give you better performance than qemu.

Not actually. Just because bhyve at this point of its developement is not complete and it is full of bugs. Developers need to work on it some years or more. In the next future it will have a better performance than bhyve. I know that qemu is slow but it makes no sense to talk about qemu without using kvm. It worked like that from forever. We should talk about qemu + kvm. Bhyve could be compared to qemu + kvm,not to qemu only. And at the moment qemu+kvm is a better product than bhyve.

The big mistake i made about this project was that i moved it from sourceforge and that i haven't used zfs , should create a memory disk create a compressed zfs on it and uncompress the rootfs on it also i don't why to use the iso format nobody has a dvd and would be very slow the only reason it is required is for virtualbox but everyone is using qemu/virtmanager anyway
I think if we make something like Garuda Linux and have many editions we could attract some attention and bring some new users to freebsd but we need to attract desktop users with things a desktop user would care about.

Back