FreeBSD Screen Shots

I'm not Maltese. Rum is life.
Uh, Okay. I see.
F... them.
Yeah, I know. But that's one of my personal construction sites I have to work on.
For that I'm really grateful for the things you said.
Thanks for that.
Frankly, I don't know. (And I highly doubt it would make any sense.)
I simply had some fuzzy memory that in the late 90s there were software available (Beowulf?), used to connect several PC to build a cluster. And I believe one computer science institute of one university even realized one with 256 commercial PCs from "supermarket"...
This always fascinated me - even if I don't have the slightest idea what I shall do with such. Anyway without a certain number of identical computers (as a student been happy to afford just one) it makes no sense whatsover.
I simply do have absolutely no experience on that at all.

I just wanted to end with a joke.

Back to work for me.

Yeah, I know. But that's one of my personal construction sites I have to work on.
For that I'm really grateful for the things you said.
Thanks for that.
(m)

Frankly, I don't know. (And I highly doubt it would make any sense.)
I simply had some fuzzy memory that in the late 90s there were software available (Beowulf?), used to connect several PC to build a cluster. And I believe one computer science institute of one university even realized one with 256 commercial PCs from "supermarket"...
This always fascinated me - even if I don't have the slightest idea what I shall do with such. Anyway without a certain number of identical computers (as a student been happy to afford just one) it makes no sense whatsover.
I simply do have absolutely no experience on that at all.
Hmmmm, I saw some people doing this to mine crypto. But with better machines then the ones I have.

I just wanted to end with a joke.

“Ohh, now I see! NOW I get it! Now the pieces are falling into place…”​

Back to work for me.
Oh, me too. My shift starts in 28 min.

Don't use the G word, it is offensive. The name of this holy instrument it is The Bass.
Even if you call it a bass, it still has a G string...

And besides, the word 'Bass' confuses the hell out of me... because it also is used to refer to the cello, as in this picture of a bass orchestra...
1722269929988.png

One more example of how same words can mean completely different things depending on who you're talking to. Even the word 'workstation' can have varying meanings. In one place, 'workstation' means a 'computer with beefy specs like a Xeon Phi and 128 GB RAM', and in another, it can mean 'A standard-issue desktop computer with an i5 and 8GB RAM'.

And besides, the word 'Bass' confuses the hell out of me... because it also is used to refer to the cello, as in this picture of a bass orchestra...
The internet needs a "Joke" tag. This is a joke I got from Davie504 ;-)

View attachment 19751

One more example of how same words can mean completely different things depending on who you're talking to. Even the word 'workstation' can have varying meanings. In one place, 'workstation' means a 'computer with beefy specs like a Xeon Phi and 128 GB RAM', and in another, it can mean 'A standard-issue desktop computer with an i5 and 8GB RAM'.
I am an professional violinst. I am playing on the G-string all day long :)

Malta is a nice place. Only too hot for me in the middle of the summer. I like the northern adriatic too... trieste. They sent me there once to ICTP... I loved the town and the harbour.😁

Nice setup. Good to see the thinkpad. I like your bass, and I like those optiplex boxes too! So what was your country before europe, baronbs???

Malta is a nice place. Only too hot for me in the middle of the summer. I like the northern adriatic too... trieste. They sent me there once to ICTP... I loved the town and the harbour.😁

Nice setup. Good to see the thinkpad. I like your bass, and I like those optiplex boxes too! So what was your country before europe, baronbs???
[Joke]Nice try government agent[/Joke] ;-)

View attachment 19753

Mine is a bit more boring. Some thinkpads (classic keyboard only, X200/201's), a thinkvision LT2452p monitor, iiyama 2K 32" monitor, new shenzhen N100 mini pc, 16GB ram/2TB nvme ssd, with headphone amp next to it under the headphones, the lenovo M93p in the foreground which I just bought and will be a new project, and a cup of coffee. There's also a barely visible lenovo M91p i7 16GB system unit under the desk at the right. There's another M91p at the left side of the desk underneath, another LT2452p monitor, and an APC UPS and gigabit switch, that you can't see, you'll have to take my word for it. You don't want to see a photo under the desk, believe me, even I'm scared to look under there. No bass or g-word at the moment! Most of the time right now I'm just using the big iiyama monitor with the N100 mini pc, and a couple of the thinkpads in other rooms. I've got cat 6 cable to the other rooms.
I left my thinkpad collection in my old country. I brought the T430 with me, and my parents are bringing a x40 in a couple of months. Gave a x220 to a cousin for him to use in college and sold the rest to another friend that also collect thinkpads. Did you corebooted any of them?

Edit: Malta is hot during 10 months, chill for 1 and cold for 1.

“Ohh, now I see! NOW I get it! Now the pieces are falling into place…”
😂😂😂
...you were blind, but now you see...
Sorry, I am living in Switzerland for too long.
This rubs off on one.
Some things cannot be avoided, even if you try hard to not get integrated.

People say we germans are humorless. They are right.
But they never been in Switzerland.
If you tell swiss a joke, or make a punchline, they stare blank at you until you tell them it's a joke.
Then they laugh politely, and restrained.
It even does not have to be a joke at all. Just say it was - laughs.

Irony and cynicism do not exist. Don't try it. It will not work.
You will only get blank stares, even if you tell them it was ment funny.
Sarcasm will at most be understood as a deadly personal offense, only. Never ever use this!

So, if you ever come to Switzerland, and a swiss tells you a ...'joke' - they are always very funny all the time; they communicate in drolly, clever punchlines, only - you always have to laugh politely, and restrained.
Even when the joke is stale boring, which it will.
'ha ha' - too few. 'HaHaHaHa!' - way too much. 'Hahaha.' - perfect. So, and so only.
Always!

For a swiss there is one, and only one explanation not to laugh about a joke:
You didn't get it.
Since swiss are a very polite, and humble people don't want to make others feel bad by outsmarting them with their cleverness, you will get it explained in detail until you laugh.

And absolutely never ever burst out laughing loudly.
Even when you heard a good joke (by some non swiss), don't!
That's worse than farting, or peeing in public.
Belching is okay. If nobody laughs.

😂😂😂
...you were blind, but now you see...
Sorry, I am living in Switzerland for too long.
This rubs off on one.
Some things cannot be avoided, even if you try hard to not get integrated.

People say we germans are humorless. They are right.
But they never been in Switzerland.
If you tell swiss a joke, or make a punchline, they stare blank at you until you tell them it's a joke.
Then they laugh politely, and restrained.
It even does not have to be a joke at all. Just say it was - laughs.

Irony and cynicism do not exist. Don't try it. It will not work.
You will only get blank stares, even if you tell them it was ment funny.
Sarcasm will at most be understood as a deadly personal offense, only. Never ever use this!

So, if you ever come to Switzerland, and a swiss tells you a ...'joke' - they are always very funny all the time; they communicate in drolly, clever punchlines, only - you always have to laugh politely, and restrained.
Even when the joke is stale boring, which it will.
'ha ha' - too few. 'HaHaHaHa!' - way too much. 'Hahaha.' - perfect. So, and so only.
Always!

For a swiss there is one, and only one explanation not to laugh about a joke:
You didn't get it.
Since swiss are very polite, and humble people don't want to make others feel bad by outsmarting them with their cleverness, you will get it explained in detail until you laugh.

And absolutely never ever burst out laughing loudly.
Even when you heard a good joke (by some non swiss), don't!
That's worse than farting, or peeing in public.
Belching is okay. If nobody laughs.
A Swiss guy was rolling on the floor laughing when I casually mentioned that I had a chocolate cake with beer in Vienna's airport. I later read that this combination is something that Germans don't find strange at all, unlike the Swiss. That was back in 1990s... 😅

You see: Not a single "thumb up" by any swiss guy.
If I had written such a thing about germans, which I could (and possibly another day, in another thread I may will) I would get lots of thumbs up - from germans.
Which proves my point.
A Swiss guy was rolling on the floor laughing
Of course they are.
With all our swiss friends we have lots of fun.
They are also not really less funny than germans.
It's simply another kind of humor. More sensitive, delicate, subtle.
While german humor is mostly way more like with the sledgehammer.
More offensive, sometimes even aggressive, more cynicism, and by far way more sarcasm.

I wish all the swiss guys here a nice national holiday (August 1st)

Back