FreeBSD chain loading from linux

I want to chainload my FreeBSD system from Archlinux using systemd-boot (previously known as gummiboot) and I'm wondering if this is possible. My FreeBSD system is 10.3 running UEFI root on ZFS. Is there anyway I can either load the kernel, chainload the bootloader or do something so that I am able to run my linux boot loader and somehow load FreeBSD from that? I want to be able to run a single bootloader and don't want to have to use grub as I like gummiboot for its simplicity. Am I out of luck due to the fact that gummiboot won't be able to load a ZFS system?

Am I out of luck due to the fact that gummiboot won't be able to load a ZFS system?
That shouldn't matter if you're able to load the bootloader. The bootloader knows how to handle ZFS. I have no experience with gummiboot or otherwise so I can't provide more info.

I will be in a similar situation soon, but in the relation of FreeBSD and Windows, I'll have 2 drives in my system. I use UEFI and hope, because of that, it will be easy.
STREBLO Do you have 2 drives in you PC? Or you want to use only 1 drive for both systems? Are you able to boot both systems from the boot drive selector menu (I mean in BIOS. I mean in UEFI... So when you choose the boot device :-D)?

I will be in a similar situation soon, but in the relation of FreeBSD and Windows, I'll have 2 drives in my system. I use UEFI and hope, because of that, it will be easy.
STREBLO Do you have 2 drives in you PC? Or you want to use only 1 drive for both systems? Are you able to boot both systems from the boot drive selector menu (I mean in BIOS. I mean in UEFI... So when you choose the boot device :-D)?
I have FreeBSD on 2 mirrored SSD's, one SSD with Arch, another with Arch, and one Windows. I can boot them from UEFI and currently boot them all from Gummiboot. I'm not sure what I point it at to get at FreeBSD's bootloader though...

Depends on what type of loader it is expecting to find. Maybe /boot/boot1, although that will probably have to be somewhere that Linux can read it. FreeBSD installs a separate partition for BIOS booting and puts it there with no filesystem.

For UEFI, /boot/boot1.efi is used.

Grub doesn't need either, it can load the FreeBSD kernel directly. No idea about others.

Back