Solved Fatal Error On DRM Load

Once it's completed rebuilding and fully synched to the mirror, users upgrading from 12.1 won't have any issues with the i915 video driver? Mine is still using the old drivers that came with it and not from the module directory.

Once it's completed rebuilding and fully synched to the mirror, users upgrading from 12.1 won't have any issues with the i915 video driver? Mine is still using the old drivers that came with it and not from the module directory.
I guess so, I will post my results right after I install it to my server after the build is completed.

I was impatient (As this is a personal project of mine, I have to finish it ASAP and get back to my professional work) and asked for permission to compile a port in a FreeBSD server of a friend of mine and compiled graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod and graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod/ to .txz files. After installing them the crashing issue was fixed however;

Now I am getting segfaults whenever I run clinfo or clpeak

clinfo:
Code:
ICD loader properties
  ICD loader Name                                 OpenCL ICD Loader
  ICD loader Vendor                               OCL Icd free software
  ICD loader Version                              2.2.13
  ICD loader Profile                              OpenCL 3.0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

clpeak:
Code:
Platform: Clover
  Device: AMD CEDAR (DRM 2.50.0 / 12.2-RELEASE-p3, LLVM 10.0.1)
    Driver version  : 20.2.3 (FreeBSD)
    Compute units   : 2
    Clock frequency : 650 MHz

Ok, I am going to wait for the 12.2 build to finish and try it again.

SirDice Update!
I was impatient (As this is a personal project of mine, I have to finish it ASAP and get back to my professional work) and asked for permission to compile a port in a FreeBSD server of a friend of mine and compiled graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod and graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod/ to .txz files. After installing them the crashing issue was fixed however;

Now I am getting segfaults whenever I run clinfo or clpeak

clinfo:
Code:
ICD loader properties
  ICD loader Name                                 OpenCL ICD Loader
  ICD loader Vendor                               OCL Icd free software
  ICD loader Version                              2.2.13
  ICD loader Profile                              OpenCL 3.0

clpeak:
Code:
Platform: Clover
  Device: AMD CEDAR (DRM 2.50.0 / 12.2-RELEASE-p3, LLVM 10.0.1)
    Driver version  : 20.2.3 (FreeBSD)
    Compute units   : 2
    Clock frequency : 650 MHz

Have I done something wrong?

Never understood why you didn't simply install this by port on your own machine if you're in a hurry.

I have a computer that it used as firewall/router and I leave it to 12.1-RELEASE until I'm sure the drm package is compiled for 12.2 as I don't want to build anything on this machine.

Never understood why you didn't simply install this by port on your own machine if you're in a hurry.
Well, 2 reasons;
1. I Don't want to use both ports collection and pkg binaries at the same time.
2. My machine has a low end CPU so less building stuff is better for me. Even if it's a small program.

I don't think this will be of any incidence unless you change the default options.

I compiled kernel, world, many ports on different VMs (which is the worst CPU you can have), all of this several times. Could be long sometimes, but why do you care?
The fact is that after days of working on this matter you're yet encountering problems.

Anyway, hope you will solve them soon. Good luck.

Build is still running? http://beefy2.nyi.freebsd.org/build.html?mastername=122amd64-quarterly&build=563981

Yes, some individual packages are finished (12366 of the 30695 are done). But that's irrelevant. The repository is created when the whole run is completed (18228 more packages to go). Once it's been completed it needs to be synced to the mirrors.
It seems like it's done http://beefy2.nyi.freebsd.org/build.html?mastername=122amd64-quarterly&build=563981 I did pkg update -f pkg upgrade -f and installed the package pkg install drm-fbsd12.0-kmod and, it still crashes.

SirDice

I've updated to 12.2, there's nothing wrong with the video drivers but now my touchpad tap to click doesn't work since I had moused setup and now not sure what happened. Apparently somehow the mouse switched to glidepoint and not the system mouse going to figure out what's going on.

Does anyone know how to disable glidepoint or get it to enable tap to click? I don't see a settings in xfce nor proper documentations on checking the settings most of it is for synaptic touchpads.

Not sure how long ago since you updated but you may be hitting the change to evdev/libinput. Which is an entirely different issue. I suggest you open a new thread for that.

Not sure how long ago since you updated but you may be hitting the change to evdev/libinput. Which is an entirely different issue. I suggest you open a new thread for that.
Update: I loaded it without the full path kldload radeonkms and it shows up in kldstat but clinfo still can't detect my GPU.

Edit: And why my question is moved to X.Org when my server doesn't even have a monitor attached let alone X.org?

Thanks everyone in this thread for helping me out but I have run out of time to solve this issue and ,as much as I don't want, I have to switch to a different OS.
I am marking this thread as solved, as I can't provide more information.
Have a good evening (for UTC).

You could just have built it from ports as was already suggested more than a month ago. Anyway, good luck with that other OS.

Is the drm-kmod package still not compiled against the 12.2 kernel? I ask because I have applied every update concerning this package (and I received at least a few updates for this package) and the system still crashes when loading drm modules.

For now, I'm using X with VESA drivers, it works but it would be much better if GPU acceleration is available.

Back