Disaster strikes - SeaMonkey removed from ports tree

...Or included a bunch of patches. But I wanted the port to include SeaMonkey "as is", and not something heavy modified; And if the code had to be fixed I first got in touch with the upstream instead of using patches (IMO a patch should only be necessary when the upstream can’t solve it for other reasons - or is unwilling to do so; and if I’m reading the porters handbook that’s how it should be: patches only if FreeBSD specific)...
This is 100% the way things should be. Patches should be hopefully temporary until upstream merges them. Unfortunately many upstreams are mostly dead, or aggressively anti-bsd, so sometimes patches are inevitable.

jmos Are you ceasing the maintenance of your unofficial SeaMonkey ports?
I just noticed that the FreeBSD related information is gone from your website.

jmos Are you ceasing the maintenance of your unofficial SeaMonkey ports?
I've dropped all my public fun projects (were far too many). As of SeaMonkey: Doesn't compile on FreeBSD 14 [¹], and it's out of my capability to solve that. And unfortunately more and more websites simply saying "use another browser" - nothing more. And I myself am really missing two CSS properties: "gap" on gridded layouts and "aspect-ratio"; Those two makes it unusable for my daily work…

[¹] But the latest 2.53.18 compiles on FreeBSD 13.2, and that binary also works on FreeBSD 14.

I've dropped all my public fun projects (were far too many). As of SeaMonkey: Doesn't compile on FreeBSD 14 [¹], and it's out of my capability to solve that. And unfortunately more and more websites simply saying "use another browser" - nothing more. And I myself am really missing two CSS properties: "gap" on gridded layouts and "aspect-ratio"; Those two makes it unusable for my daily work…

[¹] But the latest 2.53.18 compiles on FreeBSD 13.2, and that binary also works on FreeBSD 14.
Unhappy to hear this. The main thing about Seamonkey for me is mail client. There is no much to choose from. But yes, I'm willing to use F13.x (without updating Seamonkey too) as long as possible, because no reason to break what's not broken. Thanks for your port anyway.

Back