chrome sync not working

rockzombie2

New Member


Messages: 7

I'm having a weird issue with chrome. I installed it via pkg install chrome, and for some reason, the sync is not working. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this before? It doesn't seem like a known issue and I'm not sure how to go about trouble shooting something like this.

Hopefully it's not just a chrome bug.
 

Paul Floyd

Member

Reaction score: 11
Messages: 62

Are you using kwallet and kgpg? If so then I have similar problems, and from what I've read the easiest solution is to switch to blowfish without a passphrase.
 

codedmart

Member

Reaction score: 1
Messages: 20

Are you using kwallet and kgpg? If so then I have similar problems, and from what I've read the easiest solution is to switch to blowfish without a passphrase.
I am not using kwallet/kgpg. This is a fresh install of FreeBSD 12.1. I don't even use gnome. I use xmonad.
 
OP
OP
rockzombie2

rockzombie2

New Member


Messages: 7

I'm not using those either. I'm using DWM as my window manager. I don't know what kind of debugging options are available to help maybe narrow down the issue. I'm also using FreeBSD 12.

I'm assuming other people have chrome installed and sync working.
 

aht0

Active Member

Reaction score: 57
Messages: 171

Can confirm. 4 separate installs (FreeBSD's that is) and in none have I had Chromium syncing.
 

Paul Floyd

Member

Reaction score: 11
Messages: 62

In this thread I did try to understand what is going on. At least in my case I see that 'pinentry' (which is presumable running as some sort of background task) is trying to read the terminal attributes of standard input. Also I presume that pinentry it being launched by gpg-agent which is running as a daemon i.e., no terminal. This causes pinentry to fail and thus Chrome has problems.

Of course, the syncing problem could be an additional problem on top of the pinentry one.
 
Top