chrome sync not working

I'm having a weird issue with chrome. I installed it via pkg install chrome, and for some reason, the sync is not working. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this before? It doesn't seem like a known issue and I'm not sure how to go about trouble shooting something like this.

Hopefully it's not just a chrome bug.

Are you using kwallet and kgpg? If so then I have similar problems, and from what I've read the easiest solution is to switch to blowfish without a passphrase.

Are you using kwallet and kgpg? If so then I have similar problems, and from what I've read the easiest solution is to switch to blowfish without a passphrase.
I am not using kwallet/kgpg. This is a fresh install of FreeBSD 12.1. I don't even use gnome. I use xmonad.

I'm not using those either. I'm using DWM as my window manager. I don't know what kind of debugging options are available to help maybe narrow down the issue. I'm also using FreeBSD 12.

I'm assuming other people have chrome installed and sync working.

In this thread I did try to understand what is going on. At least in my case I see that 'pinentry' (which is presumable running as some sort of background task) is trying to read the terminal attributes of standard input. Also I presume that pinentry it being launched by gpg-agent which is running as a daemon i.e., no terminal. This causes pinentry to fail and thus Chrome has problems.

Of course, the syncing problem could be an additional problem on top of the pinentry one.

Chrome sync is not working for me, either. Incidentally, it also fails on a separate OpenBSD install. I've done a bit of digging around, comparing it to a working Mac install. Running chrome://sync-internals gives a bunch of details.

Under the "Local State" heading there is a "Server Connection" field. On my Mac, this reads "OK since <a recent timestamp>". On FreeBSD, this reads "not attempted".

Clicking the "Trigger GetUpdates" button causes no refresh on FreeBSD, but causes a noticeable refresh on the Mac.

It does not seem like the software is even attempting to make the sync request.

I am also running 12.1 and chromium sync does not work. I recently posted a message about how, after many years of trying, FreeBSD seemed to finally be free of showstopping bugs. This just might be it. Firefox does not work well, frequently getting itself wedged, and this system is pretty useless without a web browser. I have a lot of configuration stuff in chromium that I need synchronized.

I just updated my system, and Chrome no longer launches at all: libopenh264.so.5 not found (despite openh264 being installed).
I then checked pkg for chrome or chromium, which could not be found. Is this an oversight, temporary, or permanent?

Same issue here. I've searched a lot and could not find any solution yet. User can authenticate and Sync is not working... :(

Ye, it seems to be finally working again.

One thing left now..
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; FreeBSD amd64; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.106 Safari/537.36

Any way of getting rid of browser reporting our operating system as a "Linux" in it's user-agent string???

Back