Any gamers out there?

It is pretty cool to see people finding GameBSD. Currently there is a new update planned, a major overhaul for the sound functionality.

Not much of a gamer or game maker, but I enjoy creating software that makes game creation easier. I contribute to the ENIGMA Development Environment for this reason, and the user fundies as well as myself are the two people responsible for official FreeBSD support for the game creation suite. More details on the official website - http://www.enigma-dev.org

Big thanks to fundies for helping me countless hours to get it working, despite the fact he doesn't like the BSD's and prefers Linux. It was very selfless on his part and it wouldn't have been made possible otherwise.

When I was young I enjoyed some weekends with my friends to have a 50-hour LAN-Party and play Quake or Doom. Yeah, that was fantastic, and the pizza service was happy, too.
Today I play chess on Lichess (as long Corona lasts), else I prefer the real thing: OTB (over the board) in a chess club and tournaments, and occasionally in a pub. If you want to challenge me on lichess: I'm Walter_von_Entferndt. My playing strength is low to moderate.

Reactions: a6h
I'm not a gamer, but I've played a couple games.
River Raid on Atari 2600, Indianapolis 500 on a PC with two 5.25 FDD (IBM AT?) and naturally
The triune G: Doom II, Duke Nukem 3D and Quake II

FWIW, currently my favourite game console is an Oculus Quest. That's completely off-topic here, though. :)

It doesn't. At least not when I moved from Arma 2 to 3. The biggest problem will be CentOS 7 not having the right glibc version. Even using a Debian jail on FreeBSD it was a headache to get it to work. I ended up getting a Linux VPS to get it to run reliably.

If you have enough money, you can buy PS4, it's more powerful than PS3 and there are a lot of sports games, which will look more realistic because of PS4 specs

Back