Solved Game programming libraries for FreeBSD?

Hi, I'm a Linux user(ArchLinux) thinking about switching to FreeBSD. After a bit of googling, the only doubt I have left is what game/multimedia programming libraries are there for FreeBSD. I searched for some and found out that there are sdl and allegro ports, although these libraries don't officially support FreeBSD. So I would like to know if these two work well in FreeBSD.

Finally, I would like to ask whether it's possible to do android programming from FreeBSD.

Thanks!

Finally, I would like to ask whether it's possible to do android programming from bsd.
No, there is no Android SDK for FreeBSD AFAIK.

Regarding game libraries look at what e.g. games/openmw uses: graphics/osg, devel/sdl20, devel/bullet, x11-toolkits/mygui, audio/openal-soft

Another port that works well is multimedia/kodi, which also uses SDL.

One thing to look out for is that gamepad support in SDL on FreeBSD is not as good as on Linux. In Kodi it doesn't work at all.

although these libraries don't officially support bsd.
Lots of programs and libraries don't have official FreeBSD support (which when talking about open source projects mostly means that its developers are not using FreeBSD in any way). Ports are created by the community regardless.

What game programming libraries are you using on Linux?

What game programming libraries are you using on Linux?
Mostly allegro and libgdx (a java framework). And yes, you are right, open source libraries can be maintained for other systems by the community. So, I'll just give it a try. Now I'll definitely switch to FreeBSD!

Finally, I would like to ask whether it's possible to do android programming from FreeBSD.
Well, not directly in FreeBSD, but you could install a Linux distribution in a VM and use the Android SDK for Linux in that. I would recommend looking into Devuan Linux fork of Debian if you are a SystemD refugee. If you use Freenode IRC check out their #debianfork channel to ask questions. Good luck! :)

I would recommend looking into Devuan Linux fork of Debian if you are a SystemD refugee
I love how you immediately discovered the reason I'm moving to FreeBSD :D. Well, to be honest, I don't like the idea of having an OS on top of another just to develop for a specific platform. But, one can always dual boot with Windows or something.

That's good news but, isn't eclipse ADT deprecated in favor of Android Studio? Will it work anyways?

Back