Php 56 on FreeBSD12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!
I still need to use php56 for my whmcs website because modules are encoded for php5 and I don't have idea how to install it on FreeBSD 12.
Actually I need a way to downgrade pkg for latest version of php5.
Thank you!

You may not need FBSD12 then.
Build php5 with poudriere and install it on your machine, perhaps in a jail. You could get the jail to run FBSD11.x while you keep FBSD12.

You could get the jail to run FBSD11.x while you keep FBSD12.

Let's keep misleading answers to /r/freebsd. Jails run with the host kernel by design. There are, of course, compat syscalls but that's not quite the same thing.

Let's keep misleading answers to /r/freebsd. Jails run with the host kernel by design. There are, of course, compat syscalls but that's not quite the same thing.
By jail, I mean any container that can get another version on FBSD or OS on a host. An example is chyves.

The version of the OS is irrelevant. It's been removed from the ports tree because it's EoL. All versions of FreeBSD on all architectures use the exact same ports tree. So, if its been removed from the ports tree it will be removed for all FreeBSD versions.

I strongly urge anyone reading this NOT to install PHP 5.6. It's End-of-Life, not supported and may contain a plethora of security issues that will never be reported and/or fixed. Anyone still insisting on installing a known vulnerable web service is the bane of the internet and biggest reason why we're all getting swamped with spam and DDoS attacks.

This thread is now closed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back