Xorg uses libinput to manage devices but doesn't use libinput settings

I am on Dell Inspiron core Duo 2 using FreeBSD 12.1 release.
First I did setup synaptics from FreeBSD wiki page but no matter what I did my device was being picked up by libinput as was obvious from Xorg.0.log. Only removing 40-libinput.conf from /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ removed the libinput from the log. In turn then I had no onboard keyboard and touchpad on my laptop. Puting 40-libinput.conf back I regained the control over my keyboard and touchpad but still no Xorg libinput settings was taken in to effect. (no tap to click and no edge scrolling). I even went one step more and made xorg-xserver from ports and with edevd instead of udev with no luck. Still no libinput Xorg settings would take effect.
Do you know what's going on? libinput and xf86-input-libinput are installed.

xorg log:

wblock@ it was suggested I had to contact you. (sorry but I don't know anything else to try)
thanks.

As a workaround you could write a script that set each properties needed and then auto start it.
Bash:
xinput set-prop 'ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad' 'libinput Tapping Enabled' 1

You can use xinput list to get the name of the touchpad (or the id), and then use this information to set each available properties.

thanks monwarez
Code:
xinput list

⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]

⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]

⎜   ↳ System mouse                                id=6    [slave  pointer  (2)]

⎜   ↳ GlidePoint                                  id=9    [slave  pointer  (2)]

⎜   ↳ vendor 0x13ba Barcode Reader                id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]

⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]

↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]

↳ System keyboard multiplexer                 id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]

↳ AT keyboard                                 id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]

↳ SIGMACHIP USB Keyboard                      id=10    [slave  keyboard (3)]

↳ vendor 0x13ba Barcode Reader                id=11    [slave  keyboard (3)]

Installing libinput and xf86-input-libinput and this sysctl did the trick for me.

/etc/sysctl.conf
kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=12

Back