wine wow64 and winetricks at x64 wine

Is that a legacy nvidia-driver? Generally no, you don't need to do anything special. You might want to run truss -f <cmd> |& grep libGL to verify that the correct OpenGL library is getting loaded.
I'll do that shortly. Other question, can I use wine-devel instead or isn't recommended?

Direct3D 12 support for instance. And for some games with those pesky kernel mode protections, there's some workarounds but I'll not talk about it openly here.

Well, I sent gerald@ a patch containing a streamlined version of wow64 hack + necessary workarounds for wine-devel almost 3 weeks ago. You might want to email him directly.

Well, I sent gerald@ a patch containing a streamlined version of wow64 hack + necessary workarounds for wine-devel almost 3 weeks ago. You might want to email him directly.
Nice. Did you send the patch directly or you have somewhere else? I'm willing to use in my overlay.

Did you expect anything else?

It's wine-devel, not i386-wine-devel.
Of course I know that I need to rebuild the port after applying a patch, I mean if I need to make an extra build in a 32bit jail to be used with your w4.

I'm well aware you are asking about 32-bit Wine, I just don't see were this confusion comes from. How are you supposed to install something you haven't built?

Let me try again: When I finished building the wine-devel port and installing in my system, should I also build a 32bit one to match the version of the installed one, to be used with w4?

Another question, since we need both wine being at the same version (or I'm wrong?). Am I supposed to rebuild i386-wine-devel too?
I would assume the same. Had a look at the patch, so it basically installs an i386-wine package in the user's home. I doubt this could work if it isn't the same wine version.

It's not i386-wine. It's a wine package from the i386 repository (as opposed to the amd64 repository).
Ok, when installing in home, this doesn't really matter, but also doesn't change anything about the need for it to be the same version, right?

Anyways, not really the kind of solution that would excite me (which i386-wine isn't either, of course). What I'd like to see is being able to install both 64bit and 32bit binaries and libraries system-wide in /usr/local and have WoW64 work in that setup… and if possible, make the build less cumbersome, although there's probably never a way around using an i386 jail for that…

Still a good thing of course that there is a solution at all! 👍

Back