Solved WINE - KVA_PAGES=512 in your kernel configuration. This is incompatible with WINE.

Hello,

I meet a problem when I want to install some emulators. I tried to install Wine on FreeBSD 12 but I get this message.

Code:
"Some ZFS tuning guides recommend setting KVA_PAGES=512 in your kernel
configuration.  This is incompatible with Wine.  The maximum possible
is KVA_PAGES=500, which should still be enough "

I don't know how to resolve this, I searched on the web but there's nothing about resolving this. Can you please help me?

I attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 228
If you don't use ZFS ignore it. If you are using ZFS but have never tuned it, ignore it too.

Thank you,

But I meet another problem when I want to install wine devel, I followed this tutorial : https://wiki.freebsd.org/i386-Wine

It says :

Code:
i386-wine-devel-4.12,1 This port is not for consumption on FreeBSD/i386.

To cross-build for FreeBSD/amd64: make -DWINE_CROSS_BUILD.

When I do it, it says :
Code:
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.

And when I do :
Code:
# make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes install clean

And it brings me again to :
Code:
i386-wine-devel-4.12,1 This port is not for consumption on FreeBSD/i386.

To cross-build for FreeBSD/amd64: make -DWINE_CROSS_BUILD.

That is specifically for building a 32 bit application on a 64 bit system. Judging by the messages you're running a 32 bit system, so you should just use emulators/wine.

Thank you very much, I understand now.

But imagine I want to run a DOS application like Foxpro. I don't know what I should do.

In a classic Windows Emulator, I know that we need to put games in a specific folder. I don't know the procedure here.
Should I copy my foxpro folder somewhere?

Thanks for your answers, please excuse my lack of knowledge, I'm a new user of freeBSD.

It's a DOS application, the file is : Microsoft FoxPro 2.6 for DOS

What I meant by Classic Emulator is for example RomStation, or Recalbox, if you want to install a game, you put it in a "Games" folder to run it.
So my question is : how should we do in Wine (FreeBSD)

Victory ! Foxpro run on Dosbox ! It was difficult to understand how to mount it, but it's done now. I'll see if there are problems. Thank you very much for your help.

Back