CWM Window Dragging Not Using My Screens Refresh-rate.

Decided to give Cwm a shot, and one thing I notice right off the bat is it doesn't seem to utilize my screens full refresh-rate (144hz) when dragging windows across the screen. It's like a clunky 60hz. While this isn't a huge issue and I can obviously deal with it I wanted to ask if any Cwm users here have found a line somewhere in the code or a cwmrc option to change that. When looking in cwm(1) and cwmrc man pages I can't find any lead.

Decided to give Cwm a shot, and one thing I notice right off the bat is it doesn't seem to utilize my screens full refresh-rate (144hz) when dragging windows across the screen. It's like a clunky 60hz. While this isn't a huge issue and I can obviously deal with it I wanted to ask if any Cwm users here have found a line somewhere in the code or a cwmrc option to change that. When looking in cwm(1) and cwmrc man pages I can't find any lead.

You can use x11/xrandr to change your refresh rate.

In your case the command should be xrandr -r 144

You can use x11/xrandr to change your refresh rate.

In your case the command should be xrandr -r 144
The issue is, Xorg already properly discovers my proper screen refresh-rate as seen in this scrot:

2022-04-10-122906_606x93_scrot.png

I further confirmed this by trying my previous linux bspwm config which takes advantage of my proper screen refresh-rate. I achieve this by adding:

Code:
bspc config pointer_motion_interval    "7ms"

into the config and this configures bspwm to drag windows utilizing my screen refresh. Hence why I posted this as a Cwm issue, not as a Xorg issue. I also went ahead and installed and tried fvwm, same result, it uses 144hz just fine.

Back