URxvt: messed prompt.

I thought about using sysutils/tmux already, but I currently do not need its features and it would just increase the dependency list.
The only sysutils/tmux dependency, when using regular tmux package from repository,
is devel/libevent, and you got it already installed, if you use firefox, or tor, or transmission-gtk.
Also, you "do not need its features" only until you start using it (because you don't know ALL its features),
like me, for example. Now, when I use terminal without tmux I feel uncomfortable,
tmux is a "must have" app IMHO. BTW, new version appeared in ports tree today — 2.6.
It is now possible to preview tabs when selecting session.
y72IgdF.png

So use tmux and no prompt will be messed ;)

I have x11/sterm installed already but didn't test it yet.

The problems I see with it that are two: the configurations should be made in its source code, before it is compiled, what is fine but may be annoying if it is updated to often;
This can be handled using an additional unrevisioned patch file as files/patch-config.def.h. svnlite(1) does not delete it when the ports tree is updated.

ILUXA

Just for the record I tried sysutils/tmux and I had the same problem. Not to say I would need to start several sysutils/tmux instances since I keep several terminal instances open across several workspaces.

chrbr

Yes, this is the annoying part. My ports tree is already pretty "messed" because some ports works I am doing and I will probably do more. But this is not the real problem but the apparent lack of bitmap fonts support in x11/sterm.

Thanks! :)

I still think using tabs is the best solution for this resize bug. Even though I have 10 workspaces, most of the time are all full or at least the first 6/7. Probably if I had a 24" display I'd use more containers on same workspace but since my FreeBSD in on a T430 14" display, tabs are the best solution for me. Maybe will be for you too. urxvt is too cool to give up on him for just a little bug.

Back