uhidd broken suddenly?

I used to use uhidd to get my multimedia keys to work. Now I see the following error when it starts up

ld-elf.so.1: Cannot open "/usr/local/lib/libcuse4bsd.so"

This appears to be due to the devd rule that is installed into /usr/local/etc/devd when installing uhidd.

Code:
# cat uhidd-devd.conf

notify 0 {

match "subsystem" "DEVICE";

match "type" "ATTACH";

match "cdev" "ugen[0-9]+.[0-9]+";

action "env LD_PRELOAD=%%LIBCUSE%% /usr/local/etc/rc.d/uhidd start /dev/$cdev";

};

I tried looking for libcuse4bsd.so, but pkg provides and find / -iname "libcuse4bsd*" returns nothing.

You must be running an older version of sysutils/uhidd. libcuse4bsd.so, besides the kernel module /boot/modules/cuse4bsd.ko, was provided by multimedia/cuse4bsd-kmod, but that port was deleted on 30 Nov 2019, reason:" ... cuse4bsd is present in the base system on all versions.".

The kernel module is now /boot/kernel/cuse.ko (cuse(3)), and the library is /usr/lib/libcuse.so. The sysutils/uhidd port has been updated on 30 Nov 2019, quarterly and latest repository packages are available for quite some time. Run pkg upgrade or update your ports tree and reinstall.

PS.: Make sure to load the cuse kernel module.

I tried looking for libcuse4bsd.so, but pkg provides and find / -iname "libcuse4bsd*" returns nothing.
If you don't find port/package related files destined for installation locally, run a web search on
using the site modifier, ex.:
Code:
"libcuse4bsd.so" site:freshports.org
Putting the keyword in quotes searches for exact match.

Here some links:
There is also the search facility at https://freebsd.org (top right side of the page) using this site modifier:
Code:
site:www.FreeBSD.org,docs.FreeBSD.org,lists.FreeBSD.org,wiki.FreeBSD.org,forums.FreeBSD.org

Sorry for the long delay, I never got a email about a response. I figured it out, I took some advice from the wiki on uhidd and it mentioned making the file I posted above, so I did that not knowing it shipped with a more up to date one. Anyways, that is sorted, but it's still not working anymore.

When I run it in the command line it generates my map and I copied it over to the config, so I kow it detects the keys. When I run xev though after copying over the map file and restarting the daemon it doesn't register those keys being pressed. It always worked out of the box till recently.

Back