texlive-full always recompiles

Even when i just compiled print/texlive-ful (i.e.texlive-full-20150521) with poudriere it always recompiles ...
Reason : Deleting texlive-full-20150521.pkg: new dependency: print/texlive-texmf-source

I assume that's a bug in Mk/bsd.tex.mk:
Code:
_USE_TEX_SOURCE_DEP=    ${LOCALBASE}/${TEXMFDISTDIR}/source/.keep_me
_USE_TEX_SOURCE_PORT=   print/${_USE_TEX_SOURCE_PKGNAME}
_USE_TEX_SOURCE_PKGNAME=texlive-texmf-source

This is only used when you set the SOURCE option of print/texlive-full. Do you have a file /usr/local/share/texmf-dist/source/.keep_me on your system when print/texlive-texmf-source is actually installed? I assume this file doesn't exist and therefore the run-dependency is missing on the built package of print/texlive-full. Poudriere compares that to the run-dependency defined for the port and finds a difference...

Could you try applying this patch to your ports tree (patch -Np1) and see if the problem goes away?
Code:
diff --git a/Mk/bsd.tex.mk b/Mk/bsd.tex.mk
index dfb36193656b..5b23df83df3b 100644
--- a/Mk/bsd.tex.mk
+++ b/Mk/bsd.tex.mk
@@ -85,7 +85,7 @@ _USE_TEX_BASE_PKGNAME=        texlive-base
 _USE_TEX_GBKLATEX_DEP= gbklatex
 _USE_TEX_GBKLATEX_PORT=        ${_USE_TEX_BASE_PORT}
 _USE_TEX_GBKLATEX_PKGNAME=${_USE_TEX_BASE_PKGNAME}
-_USE_TEX_SOURCE_DEP=   ${LOCALBASE}/${TEXMFDISTDIR}/source/.keep_me
+_USE_TEX_SOURCE_DEP=   ${_USE_TEX_SOURCE_PKGNAME}>=20150523
 _USE_TEX_SOURCE_PORT=  print/${_USE_TEX_SOURCE_PKGNAME}
 _USE_TEX_SOURCE_PKGNAME=texlive-texmf-source
 _USE_TEX_DOCS_DEP=     ${LOCALBASE}/${TEXMFDISTDIR}/doc/texlive/texlive-en/README

(edit: made the patch simpler, I see no reason for this weird magic adding the package version right now...)

Sorry Zirias I'm not the patch specialst
Two which directory do i specifly go ?
Which file do i safe as what ?
What is the exact command i should execute ?
What if i do a git pull --rebase ?

Easiest method: Go to the root of your ports tree, type patch -Np1, hit enter, copy&paste the patch from above, hit Ctrl+D.

You could also change the line in Mk/bsd.tex.mk manually (as indicated by the + and - signs in the patch).

What if i do a git pull --rebase ?
Either you commit the change locally, then the pull --rebase should always rebase it on whatever comes from upstream, or you git stash it before pulling and restore it with git stash pop afterwards. The latter can be automated, see for example https://cscheng.info/2017/01/26/git-tip-autostash-with-git-pull-rebase.html (and be sure to understand the consequences).

Hehe, I analyzed it a bit further and I'm amazed to find the bug was actually introduced in August 2014. See my comment on the PR :cool:.

Seems very few people use the SOURCE option of that port, otherwise there would be no way this could be unfixed for THAT long.

Back