startx black screen

free-and-bsd, thanks for clarifying that. Yes my Application menu is available. I will try to research pitfalls during Xfce upgradation. I will also try to launch pcmanfm file manager.

Alexander88207, I referred your post here to uninstall and then re-install xfce desktop and other associated packages. Now my desktop background appears with all icons in the background. Thanks. My problem got solved.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for your time. I learnt much more in the process, and am better informed.

Alexander88207, I referred your post here to uninstall and then re-install xfce desktop and other associated packages. Now my desktop background appears with all icons in the background. Thanks. My problem got solved.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for your time. I learnt much more in the process, and am better informed.

Great! Nice that it works for you now.

Note that as thread originator you can mark the thread as solved. I don't think it's intuitive, but you click edit on the first post, I believe, you can choose a prefix, including solved. Anyway, thank you for coming back and letting us know how you fixed it.

Scottro, actually I didn't start the thread originally, but as I thought the issue was similar to mine, so I also started posting.

Back