Spotify

For the record, you can just use the web player in linux browsers (binary,/compat/ubuntu). If you already installed that for netflix, spotify webplayer is pretty much hassle free if that's working.

Got it working today after a fresh install. I didn't change FreeBSD hosts file and waited till it was a problem in chroot env then edit it with network ip and hostname in ubuntu base system.

Don't update /compat/ubuntu/etc/hosts until you have to. I installed spotify on three machines and they all work.

Also before I install spotify client it did this
apt update
apt install -y apt-transport-https curl fonts-symbola gnupg pulseaudio wget

____________________________________________________________-

Last edited:
So I got both my machines using spotify and my speakers only hook up to one computer. If I play a song on either machine on spotify and it plays the speaker. So somehow this is happening and I like it.

I've realized that with the new versions of the linuxulator this line does not work anymore in the fstab file :

tmpfs /compat/linux/dev/shm tmpfs rw,late,size=1g,mode=1777 0 0

Got it working today after a fresh install. I didn't change FreeBSD hosts file and waited till it was a problem in chroot env then edit it with network ip and hostname in ubuntu base system.

Don't update /compat/ubuntu/etc/hosts until you have to. I installed spotify on three machines and they all work.

Also before I install spotify client it did this
apt update
apt install -y apt-transport-https curl fonts-symbola gnupg pulseaudio wget

____________________________________________________________-

Indeed running Spotify, and other non-supported applications, such as Signal and Darktable with CR3 support, from within a VirtualBox guest with Ubuntu can work. Be aware though, that it does require a quite bit of space and fast I/O, so use internal SSD and optimal settings for assigned hardware. Also, be aware, that Ubuntu uses Snap, which restricts access to shared file systems.

Back