Share your wisdom of the day.

scottro, this is what I have as the kanji for jitte, or 10 Hands:
jitte_kanji.png

Can be pronounced jutte, or sword breaker. A truncheon type iweapon with a notch on the underside used to catch and break a sword still in use by Japanese law enforcement today.

I prefer a Kid Rock playlist of Trucker Anthem, Cowboy, American Bad Ass and Bawitdaba on days when I need to get moving. Like today.

Robin Trower for Long Misty Days.

That, I disagree with. If you don't learn from your own mistakes (as well as from mistakes of others), you never learn. I made truckloads of mistakes while playing with FreeBSD, and learned from them.
Then comes another from Napoleon Hill:
Every adversity has a seed of equal or greater benefit.

The truckloads of mistakes, when surmounted, yield a greater benefit - knowledge, more reliable system, etc.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger, and only the strong survive.

It's Natures Way. I am such a fan.

1) do not share your wisdom, you are not better than others
2) accept that live is paradoxical
I am no better than anyone and worse than most.
I am smarter than most but not as smart as everyone.

It doesn't make me smaller to raise them up and it doesn't make me dumber to make them smarter.

They will never be as smart as me when I am the one teaching them, because there are some things I just cannot teach.

And it's what you don't know that can make the smartest person a fool.

Came across one that I think is very good for those who have lost someone. Apparently someone's mother passed away and they wrote or texted comedian Norm MacDonald asking for some comfort. Norm wrote back, Just remember all the love that your mother gave you, and do your best to share it with those around you.

As for the Nietzsche, I don't agree with it. In the 80's I trained dogs, and I could see that after a certain point, pressure just made them weaker. Since then, I've seen it in humans too. I think it depends upon the human. After what Trihexagonal has shared of his life, I think it might be true in his case. For me, being a wimp at heart, it's only true up to a point. Sigh.

Norm's kind words would have fallen flat on me.

If you have to lay and hand on a child, or an animal, you have lost the fight.

That girl I talk about sometime abused a little Jack Terrier because he had a personality and you had to work with him. I dominated him once by turning him over on his back, rubbing his stomach while I held him down and told him I was the Boss. I would never have had to do more than look at him to get my point across and he was a good little dog.

I'm under a tremendous amount of pressure, but that's life. You either buckle under the strain or learn to live with it. You would not believe the HellI put HUD through on a regular basis and I'm going to win or die trying. It's a hard life and I've become hard to survive it. All my friends are long deal and people all around me are dying but I continue on against the odds.

I know what lies at the end of my journey, I've already made plans and measure time between now an then. The only difference is if I win my case is where I'll go, and I don't count on anything at this point.

I will come to a point in 2-3 years, maybe, where I'll have no choice but to voluntarily have myself commited to a State Institution and that's where I'll spend the rest of my life. I will have come a karmic full circle and end up back where I was created, and there will be some mean mf like me waiting for me when I get there.

That's my only viable option beside jail and hopefully I'll feel on familiar ground and at home there.

@ For those who lost a loved one: It really happened to me, that a wise man (old family friend who was a catholic priest) once told me:
Do not mourn his death, but celebrate his life.

Wisdom of the day:
The highest compliment an instructor/teacher can get, is the success of his student

In Japanese, the characters for tomorrow read as clear day. To an English speaker like myself, that seemed very poetic and optimistic, especially from a language where the usual word for thank you loosely translates as things are rough.
Oddly enough, none of my Japanese friends ever noticed the hidden optimism, it's just a word, I guess in the sense that we don't think how goodbye is actually short for God be with you.

Not sure what the moral of that is, but there is one, somewhere.
I haven't noticed that too, it (clear day) is same in Chinese, your finding is awesome!

As societies grow decadent, the language grows decadent, too. Words are used to disguise, not to illuminate, action: you liberate a city by destroying it. Words are to confuse, so that at election time people will solemnly vote against their own interests. - Gore Vidal

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line. - Oscar Levant

Back