Share your wisdom of the day.

1. Be optimistic and do your best to be nice and helpful to people. This
is especially true if you are a leader.

2. Learn to accept that you aren't always right. It is a valuable skill to admit
when you are wrong.

3. Learn to be decisive when you have very favorable odds. Bet hard when you
are certain that you will gain from it. Likewise, don't bet at all if the odds are
stacked against you. Be rational.

4. Start saving early for retirement, owning your home etc. But don't save too
much as it is important to enjoy your life as well. Spending money on things
that make you truly happy while spending less/nothing on things that doesn't
matter to you is probably the way to go.

5. Do not let other people dictate how you should live your life. Don't hurt
anyone and enjoy your life as you see fit.

For me a coffee with sugar and hertekamp jenever. You must try it.
You can't smell it. Even you wife can't smell it.
I knew a couple that drank "Irish Coffee" in a cup at the breakfast table so their kids wouldn't know they were snorting whisky before they went to school.

Yeah... That's the Ticket...
Nobody will ever know...

In Japanese, the characters for tomorrow read as clear day. To an English speaker like myself, that seemed very poetic and optimistic, especially from a language where the usual word for thank you loosely translates as things are rough.
Oddly enough, none of my Japanese friends ever noticed the hidden optimism, it's just a word, I guess in the sense that we don't think how goodbye is actually short for God be with you.

Not sure what the moral of that is, but there is one, somewhere.

In Japanese, the characters for tomorrow read as clear day. To an English speaker like myself, that seemed very poetic and optimistic, especially from a language where the usual word for thank you loosely translates as things are rough.
Oddly enough, none of my Japanese friends ever noticed the hidden optimism, it's just a word, I guess in the sense that we don't think how goodbye is actually short for God be with you.

Not sure what the moral of that is, but there is one, somewhere.
You mean this? BTW, you should watch Zetsubou Sensei, that show has some VERY good explanations of how a single set of kanji characters can be read in 3 or 4 different ways. And it's funny, too.

Edit: The link I provided shows some different-looking kanji for "Ashita" (which is the commonly used Japanese word for "Tomorrow") than for "Clear Day"

The word is ashita. I've usually seen it written as it is in the first choice on this page. https://jisho.org/search/ashita. The kanji you're linking to is one that I"ve seen as asu, morning.
The first part of ashita is http://nihongo.monash.edu/cgi-bin/wwwjdic?1MMJ明 is the kanji for akarui, bright. That's the way I've always seen it written, but I don't read that much Japanese. However, when I was better at it (though never fluent) is when I noticed this and started pointing it out to people. This was 20-25 years ago now.
Now, I'm terrible. :-( I can probably write about 10 characters, where I could once do about 500. But even native speaker friends have found that computers have hurt their ability to remember how to write many characters.

And yes, you're quite right, almost all characters have at least two readings, a Japanese reading and Chinese reading, and often many other ways of being pronounced.

Back