Problem installing Virtualbox

Hi, first of all i want to apologise for my english...
well... as the title says i have a problem with virtualbox-ose in freebsd.

1) I have installed freebsd on the computer
2) i updated the freebsd with freebsd-update
3) I updated the ports three using cvsup commands.

After that i thought i was ready to install freebsd, so i went to the directory /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose and #make config and then #make install

it started to make updates and to compile things....after that an error message appeared

Code:
Undfined reference to `QlistData::detach3()'

***Error code 1
1error
***Error code 2
1error
***Error code 2
1error
***Error code 1
1error

Stop in usr/ports/devel/qt4-linguist.

Well.. if someone knows who can i resolve this problem please help me...i will really appreciate that- or another way to install it... may be i am doing something wrong..
Thanks

Try this:
Code:
portsclean -C
portsnap fetch update
pkg_add -r qt4-linguist
cd /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose
make install clean

Hi thanks for your answer... unfortunately i use a hard disk from school... and i have access to it only on tuesdays and fridays.. so next class i will try doing what you said.... portsnap fetch update... what is the purpose of this "command line" ?

You can update ports with either csup and a ports-supfile with "tag=.", or use portsnap. Don't do both, pick one and stick with it.

It can also be useful to know which version of FreeBSD you are running.

i am running 8.0 but as i said before,the hard disk id from school and i can¡t use it and practise with bsd every day.
w-block i used cvsup and also i don't remember but i think i did something like a rsync to update some things....
-------------
my teacher told me to follow this steps....freebsd-update... and then update port tree....then i tried to install virtual box and puf-- error :(
my objective is to install freebsd as a host, and then with virtualbox ose virtualize slacware and windows 3.11 as ghest...i don't know if i will be able to do it but first of all i need to install and run virtualbox properly :p
tomorrow i will try to do it work.. :p

Hi again sk8harddiefast... now i am at school, i've a question: before doing
Code:
portsclean -C
portsnap fetch update
pkg_add -r qt4-linguist
cd /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose
make install clean
where should i go..?(directory)... should i go to usr/ports ??

i've done what you said.. but... unfortunately a new error or warning appeared...after using portsnap fetch update.. it says "You must run 'portsnap extract' before runing `portsnap update` :(

If this is the first time you fetched a ports tree, you'll indeed have to run [cmd=]portsnap extract[/cmd] (to populate /var/db/portsnap/files). You can run a portsnap fetch update right after that to make sure you're up-to-date.

well.. thanks to you i could pass this problem... i reinstalled ports tree and add the package linguist..the installation continued... but then another error :( there it says-- "this file was generated using the moc from 4.6.1 it cannot be used with the include files from this version of Qt "---- ~#(the moc has changed too much)"
I apologised for asking for so much help. Thanks to all i hope you can help me :)

Don't apologise.You sould see me the first time!!!! :p
I had the same problem with moc
The Meta-Object Compiler, moc, is the program that handles Qt's C++ extension.
You have the latest version of qt4,but not the latest version of moc
Try to update moc.
Code:
portsnap fetch update
Now your ports tree is updated with the latest pkg releases.
Go to /usr/ports/devel/automoc4
Code:
make deinstall clean
This will delete moc from your system
Now into the same location (/usr/ports/devel/automoc4)
Code:
make install clean
This will install the latest moc on your system.(because before you made portsnap fetch update.so will deinstall the current version of moc from your system but will install the latest)
Also alternative you can make
Code:
portsnap fetch update
portupgrade -a
This will update your packages with the latest releases
or
Code:
portupgrade -af
this will rebuilt all your system packages from the begginng and update any pkg needs update.
but is also good because this will rebuilt moc,qt4 and all his dependencies if there are.

Thanks for the answer... =D
i won't have the computer until friday but well,i will try doing what you say..
i hope once for all i install vbox =P

Well finally i am at school...my teacher told me he did it downloading directly the virtualbox already compiled or sth like that... i wanna now how to do it.. :)

I could't do it work yet T_T
i am started installing version 8.0 of freebsd but i updated the whole system.
pleasee heelp i am desperated xD

I could't do it work yet T_T
You mean VirtualBox. Right?
i am started installing version 8.0 of freebsd but i updated the whole system.
pleasee heelp i am desperated xD
What you mean with this?
What is the error that appears? If you don't explain exactly what is the problem that makes you stack, the error that you take etc, i cannot imagine what fails to help you :(

Yes, Virtualbox
mm... i hate i don't have the freebsd a home to know better the error, for what i remember it was an error related to phono sound or sth like this. my teacher told me, well, we are going to try to do it work by another way, downloading and "install" the virtualbox already compiled and updated, i suppuse it is something like downloading the folder already installed in windows,but i don't know how to do it.
you are very kind jaj i was reading your location and you are from greece, i have a friend there.. geia =P

=P now i am at school, i will try to download it already compiled as i said before, what "command" shoulkd i use ? Thanks

You want to download it from from a specific url?
You can use fecth command.
For example:
fetch http://www.blah,blah,blah and will download it on the folder that you are.
That means that if you run fetch command when you are on /home/user Virtualbox will be downloaded on /home/user

well i recently made a make on /usr/ports/eumlators/virtualbo-ose and the message error says
Code:
/usr/ports/eumlators/virtualbo-ose/env.sh no such directory or file
and i don't know whats's it. =(

Have you installed the latest gcc compiler? I am not sure but maybe this solve this problem.
Code:
cd /usr/ports/lang/gcc45
make install clean
For example i use dwm for wm but cannot be compiled with systems gcc. Needs a newer!
Install gcc45 compiler and then run again:
Code:
make install clean
on /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbo-ose/
But don't forget before, to run make clean, to delete the work folder (on /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbo-ose/)
Every pkg you compile from ports, even if fails, create a work folder that always must be deleted to recreate it to the next compilation.
If you want to delete all work folders run portsclean -C
You must always do that because even you have fixed the problem, if the work folder will not be deleted, you will see again the error because the work folder already exists and will not recreate it. So will run the work folder with the error!

Back