Solved poudriere fails, but make on host does not

Hi, everyone.

I tried to build java/eclipse (eclipse-4.6_2) but it failed with poudriere. The last lines from the log don't make it clear to me.
But, compiling the port directly on the host, worked ( cd /usr/ports/java/eclipse && make install clean)
My machine has 8 cores and 8GB RAM. Would be the case of exhaustion of resources? Am I missing any special tunning?

Code:
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- tycho-p2-publisher-plugin:0.25.0:attach-artifacts (default-attach-artifacts) @ org.eclipse.sdk.ide ---
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- tycho-p2-repository-plugin:0.25.0:assemble-repository (default-assemble-repository) @ org.eclipse.sdk.ide ---
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- tycho-p2-repository-plugin:0.25.0:archive-repository (default-archive-repository) @ org.eclipse.sdk.ide ---
[INFO] Building zip: /wrkdirs/usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator-4.6/eclipse.platform.releng.tychoeclipsebuilder/sdk/target/org.eclipse.sdk.ide-4.6.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- tycho-p2-director-plugin:0.25.0:materialize-products (materialize-products) @ org.eclipse.sdk.ide ---
[INFO] Installing product org.eclipse.sdk.ide for environment freebsd/gtk/x86_64 to /wrkdirs/usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator-4.6/eclipse.platform.releng.tychoeclipsebuilder/sdk/target/products/org.eclipse.sdk.ide/freebsd/gtk/x86_64/eclipse
Installing org.eclipse.sdk.ide 4.6.0.I20160606-1100.
*** Signal 9

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/java/eclipse
=>> Cleaning up wrkdir
===>  Cleaning for eclipse-4.6_2
build of java/eclipse | eclipse-4.6_2 ended at Fri Mar  8 22:19:55 -03 2019
build time: 00:43:23
!!! build failure encountered !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Signal 9 is a high-priority kill signal used to preemptively terminate a process. I've never used poudriere, and can't recall ever seeing a signal 9 message in any build output. Some (or all?) terminals can send this signal to the terminal's running process when the CTRL-U key combination is pressed. Sometimes it is sent from another running process (examples: shutdown or kill -9 [i]PID[/i]).

Have you tried the poudriere build more than once? If not it might be worth a second try.

Signal 9 is a high-priority kill signal used to preemptively terminate a process. I've never used poudriere, and can't recall ever seeing a signal 9 message in any build output. Some (or all?) terminals can send this signal to the terminal's running process when the CTRL-U key combination is pressed. Sometimes it is sent from another running process (examples: shutdown or kill -9 [I]PID[/I]).

Have you tried the poudriere build more than once? If not it might be worth a second try.

Thanks for commenting, but I did'n tried again. I built directly after that.

Run out of memory or disk space? There are parameters in the poudriere.conf file which can limit both of these. Poudriere unless configured otherwise will use tmpfs in-memory as a work/data area when building ports which are limited. Take a look there. Especially as java9 is going to be a beast.

Run out of memory or disk space? There are parameters in the poudriere.conf file which can limit both of these. Poudriere unless configured otherwise will use tmpfs in-memory as a work/data area when building ports which are limited. Take a look there. Especially as java9 is going to be a beast.
I was using tmpfs for wrkdir and data. I changed to data , only. No more chrashes.

Back