vbox On installing VBox...

Excuse me if this is a noobish question, but this is the first time I'm using FreeBSD after purchasing a QOTOM and installing pfSense on it.

Context: The QOTOM PC I bought for my home office has shiny specs, and I intended to use the spare power to use it as my Kubernetes master (but without actually running any load on it with the help of a taint) because even the most powerful Pi I have (of the 7-node cluster) can't handle the load of being a master node...

After rejecting the idea of trying to install it directly on FreeBSD (I'm using K3s distro, so no support whatsoever and honestly I don't have much time to spare on trying to make it work) and rejecting the possibility of using some kind of Docker container to hold the K3s master (I really do not like this idea anyway) I considered using Bhyve or VBox.

I gave Bhyve a try but I really don't want to break the whole pfSense installation. I got some errors just by trying to add the tap0 interface to the already-up bridge. I had so many doubts overall and finally, I just decided to go for VBox for a bump in reliability and easiness in favour of resource utilization. (Now I try deleting the tap0 interface with a ifconfig tap0 delete and the error I get is ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCDIFADDR): Can't assign requested address so I guess I will leave as it is if this doesn't hurt...)

To my surprise, I can't even install VBox even when it's listed here: https://freebsd.pkgs.org/12/freebsd-amd64/virtualbox-ose-nox11-6.1.18.txz.html (I don't have GUI so I guess I need to install the nox11 version, but anyway I tried to install the normal version and I got the same error).

Code:
[2.5.1-RELEASE][admin@whatever]/root: pkg install virtualbox-ose-nox11
Updating pfSense-core repository catalogue...
pfSense-core repository is up to date.
Updating pfSense repository catalogue...
pfSense repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'virtualbox-ose-nox11' have been found in the repositories

I tried with pkg update without any results.

I beg for your help/guide/direction, fellow FreeBSD friends!
Thanks

It's available in the FreeBSD repositories, no idea why it's not in the pfSense repositories, pfSense is not supported here.

GhostBSD, pfSense, TrueNAS, and all other FreeBSD Derivatives

Code:
root@fbsd-test:~ # pkg search virtualbox-ose
virtualbox-ose-6.1.22          General-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware
virtualbox-ose-additions-6.1.22 VirtualBox additions for FreeBSD guests
virtualbox-ose-additions-legacy-5.2.44_3 VirtualBox additions for FreeBSD guests
virtualbox-ose-additions-nox11-6.1.22 VirtualBox additions for FreeBSD guests
virtualbox-ose-additions-nox11-legacy-5.2.44_3 VirtualBox additions for FreeBSD guests
virtualbox-ose-kmod-6.1.22     VirtualBox kernel module for FreeBSD
virtualbox-ose-kmod-legacy-5.2.44_4 VirtualBox kernel module for FreeBSD
virtualbox-ose-legacy-5.2.44_5 General-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware
virtualbox-ose-nox11-6.1.22    General-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware
virtualbox-ose-nox11-legacy-5.2.44_5 General-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware

Oh sorry, I thought pfSense was pure FreeBSD. How clueless I am. Thanks for pinpointing me to the right forum.

Back