Solved Multiple network adresses

Hello,

Lacking a proxy on my PF is it possible to do the following:

- Assign multiple network addressees on the same subnet to a machine for example 192.168.1.12 and 192.168.1.13, can it be done without any hassle and how to proceed (multiple separated card, or one with multiple addresses).

- Multiple gateway on the same machine in order to have multiple public IP addresses.

Please give me your recommendations on this and also the best possible set up.

If you are lacking a proxy, why not running a proxy in a jail and having pf on the jail-host. Depending on your needs the combination www/squid with www/privoxy could be worth to look at for investing in a less hassled future.

That's like a meal without any spice. :)
Well technically I can't use a proxy at the moment so the only way is to do it like this.

If you are lacking a proxy, why not running a proxy in a jail and having pf on the jail-host. Depending on your needs the combination www/squid with www/privoxy could be worth to look at for investing in a less hassled future.
Alternatively net/haproxy is also a very good option. Added bonus is that it can proxy/load-balance plain TCP connections and it has a nice admin page with statistics. I have it set up on my own VPS and I've implemented it at various sites with medium to high traffic loads (biggest site I did pushed an average of 1.5Gbps of web traffic).

Hello everyone,

I've finally came on top of it after long hours of thinking and thinking, my main problem was that the server I tried to replicate was receiving the http requests on port 8080 while mine was receiving them on 80, plus, I had to add static routes and now everything works fine.

Back