Matrox G200eR2 on FreeBSD 14.0

Hi,
I have a Dell T320 with integrated Matrox graphics. I also have an NVS300, which is apparently unsupported due to a bug from 2017. I am trying to get X/xorg working with a higher resolution than 800x600. I primarily need the video for X/xorg display, I do not do any heavy 3d accelerated work. I have built and installed kernel, kernel modules and world in the past and am open to doing this if necessary. It should be supported by nonexistent driver mga.

Here is the output of pciconf -lv:
Code:
vgapci1@pci0:6:0:0:    class=0x030000 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x102b device=0x0534 subvendor=0x1028 subdevice=0x04fa
    vendor     = 'Matrox Electronics Systems Ltd.'
    device     = 'G200eR2'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

I installed xf86-video-mga from packages, but it does not provide mga.ko.

According to this it is supported. This individual on the forum was also able to get it working. However, unlike him, I do not have mga.ko in /boot/loader/. It says mga.ko was in deprecated package graphics/drm-legacy-kmod however replacement package graphics/drm-kmod is installed and does not contain mga driver.

How do I go about installing/compiling mga.ko for this card?

Please see here.
:-/ however, it is still possible to patch and build a working driver? Thank you for the helpful information.

I have installed ports and built the driver as-is. This would give me a good project, though, I'm coming back to FreeBSD after a prolonged absence. It has so far been much better than coming back to Lennart Poettering OS linux after a prolonged absence.

Back